Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, October 29, 2011

Live Naturally: The Website and Way of Life

Many months back I wrote a post about all of the chemicals that we unknowingly, and sometimes knowingly, put on our skin, clean our homes with and spray in the air to make things smell fresh and clean.  I know it isn't healthy to really dwell on it, but I have to wonder if all of these toxins we are absorbing every single day played a role in my losses.  Especially when all of my diagnostic tests kept coming back normal, it still makes me wonder.  As a result, I have made a decision to chose products that have as few chemicals as possible in them.  It isn't easy but it is worth it to me. 

When I was wandering around the store looking for items for the Monthly Gift Giveaway, I felt morally obligated to keep things "clean" when it came to ingredients.  I wanted to offer products that didn't have chemicals or crazy ingredients that I couldn't pronounce.  I thought about getting a facial care set since what girl doesn't like a fresh clean face!  When I looked at the ingredients I was horrified!  When I still have unanswered questions about these kinds of things, I couldn't in my right mind buy them and subject your skin to this mess!

Then, by the strangest chain of events, I was introduced to the products of Live Naturally.   I can hardly put into words how exciting it was to see all of the products they have.  Not only are they chemical free, they actually post photographs of the ingredients!  They come from real things that grow on our planet!  They can identify and photograph what they are suggesting you put on your skin, your baby's skin, and even what you clean your home with!

Just as an experiment, I looked at the ingredients of the Miessence Soothing Facial Cleanser.  Everything that is in this product were things I would be happy to smear on my face!  These are just a few.

Then, I looked at the ingredient of another natural looking and popular facial cleanser.  When I looked up an image of the 3rd item (only after water and glycerine) I found Oleic Acid.  While my first thought was why would I want to put acid on my face, I went ahead to see what I could find as a picture.  This is an image of Oleic Acid:
This is Cocamidopropyl betaine:

Doesn't that sound luxurious?  *tongue firmly planted in my cheek*  The good news is that we have the choice to use that stuff if we want to, but if we want to use the products that God created for us to put on and around our bodies, we have the product line of Live Naturally.  Right now, they have a special promotion going on through the end of November.  If you order $100 in products you will get 20% off future orders!  Be sure to check out their site and browse all of the categories of products they have ranging from mama and baby care, to household cleaners and room sprays!

Of course, there is no way of knowing what caused my losses before Joey but I like to think that I am doing what is best for my family, my body, and my home by keeping it as clean and pure as God would like it to be. 

*Disclaimer- I did receive promotional consideration for this post but it did not change, sway, or alter my opinions stated therein.

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest