Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, October 28, 2011

Happy 99th Birthday!

My grandmother turned 99 years old today!  Starting when she was about 80 she would insist that this was her last Christmas.  Or that this was the last turkey she would stuff.  Or that I had better learn how to make meatballs since she wasn't going be around much longer. 

One day back when she was a young and spry 89 years old I told her something.  I explained to her that she was such an important person to me.  My childhood is filled with memories of her!  The one thing I really wanted more than anything in the world was for my children to know her.  Now please keep in mind that I hadn't met Doug yet.  I wasn't even in a serious relationship at that time.  So her response to me was, "Well, I'm not going to be around forever!" 

I smiled at her and said, "I guess I had better go and get knocked up."

"Don't do THAT!" She expressed as she struck me on the arm as hard as a 89 year old woman can. 

My confident response to her was, "Then don't go dying!" 

Here we are 10 years later.  My family and Grandma celebrating her 99th birthday!  Since I am not done having kids yet, I think she need to stick around to meet the rest of them. 



I would close this post by saying "I love you, Grandma," but since she still thinks that the lady's voice on her phone who helps her dial is a real person who is always responsible for calling the wrong number... we'll save explaining what a blog is for another day. 

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest