Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, June 28, 2012

Time

One of the strange things about trying to conceive is how it often feels like I am in some sort of time warped bubble.

I have a very normal cycle so I only have to wait about 12-14 days for ovulation.  Two weeks.  No big deal.  Then starts the two week wait which for me is closer to a 12 day wait to find out if I have to start all over again.  So, a total of 26 days.  That isn't a huge amount of time.  26 days is almost 4 weeks.   I know what you are thinking.  Whoa!  Check out her math skills.

Four weeks of a failed trying to conceive cycle means that someone that got pregnant last cycle, is now 8 weeks pregnant and likely heard a heartbeat.

Another failed cycle for me?  They are now celebrating the end of the grueling first trimester and enjoying a moment or two of relief.

Then 4 weeks later and another one lined test staring back at me, they are starting to stroke an emerging belly and eagerly anticipating those first kicks and rolls of baby.

I forge ahead and try try again.  No dice?  They are finding out the gender.

It really is simple math.  But why does this still feel so strange to me.  I think my brain wants the pregnant ladies should slow down their progress so that I can catch up.  While impossible, it would still make me feel better.

But in fairness, I should say that when I was pregnant, it was completely different.  I couldn't believe how long a week was.  Each week felt like a month.  Each day like a week.

I know I might be kind of babbling but I feel like the mother who looks at her child and wonders to herself, how on Earth did my kid start and finish high school.  Wasn't I just dropping him off at kindergarten?  But ask that same kid how long high school felt?  Forever.  It took forever.

I want to be in high school (minus the dramatic nonsense) is the bottom line.  I want my time to drag in anxious agony.  I want to cross each day off my calendar and smile because I am pregnant.

I should know if I get to watch time go in slow motion by Monday or Tuesday.  Keep the prayers and baby dust coming! 

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest