Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Danger!

So... Where was I?  Oh yeah.  Still not pregnant.

I won't lie.  I am starting to get pretty down about the whole infertility thing.  I really struggle sometimes because I figure other people struggling with infertility don't want to hear a mother of two gripe and moan about not being pregnant.  I also figure that there is enough of the groaning and whining in everyone's life that who wants to spend their few free minutes of time reading about my belly achin'.


So instead I am going to tell you about my last few days which ought to make you smile... even if it is out of pity for me, my boys, or both.

Starting at the beginning of winter we put up a gate that essentially cuts our house into two parts so that the kids don't get too close to the wood burning stove.  One perk is that it also lets me have a kid free kitchen when I was cooking, or sipping my morning coffee!  Well, all good things must come to an end.  We took down the gate.  After all, I am pretty sure we aren't going to be burning any fires any time soon.

Joey's world just got twice as big!   After about 30 seconds of running through the part where the gate was he went straight to the oven and opened them both up with ease.  Then thr refrigerator was his next victim.  He pulled everything out of the bottom door shelf in 3 seconds.  Then he moved on to the pantry.  I had already moved the heavy and fragile things to the top shelf but he clearly demonstrated that that wasn't safe either.

You would think that as a second child, things would already be child proofed but with Gavin all I has to tell him was "no" and he would go find something else to do.  Joey hears "no" and he hears, "I must move fast for whatever wondrous thing I am about to find must be spectacular!"

Today I have the oven locked (really hoping that Joey isn't stronger than the adhesive on the locks) and the pantry secured too.  The refrigerator locks should be here tomorrow.  It will be nice to be able to not have to wait to pee until he is sleeping or Doug is home.

I also decided that it was time to give the boys haircuts.  I hate to spend 10-12 bucks on each kid for a trim only to have it look shaggy again in a few weeks.  So, I have been doing haircuts at home.  Yesterday, I decided that I was just going to give them summer cuts.  I hardly recognize them!!!
 

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest