Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, February 13, 2012

Cautiously Hopeful

When most people get good news they celebrate.  I can't get myself to celebrate quite yet although I am feeling more hopeful than I have in the past.  I am envious of those who get to shout it from the rooftops and start planning.  I feel like I have to stay focused on today.  I should admit that I have let my mind wander and think momentarily about maternity swimwear *shudder* and harvesting food from the garden and canning with either a 9 month belly or a newborn and two rambunctious boys.  Then, I quickly snap back to today.  Just today.  I am pregnant today.

I will go tomorrow for a blood draw to see where my levels are and then go for a repeat on Thursday.  In the meantime, I have been using pregnancy tests to monitor how things are progressing.  On Saturday night, part of our date night festivities was buying some tests since we were at WalMart to buy some birthday presents for Gavin anyway!  So when I turned the corner to the pregnancy test, ovulation test, and other girlie things, isle I was in shock and awe when there were no First Response tests.  None.  Not a single box!  Is this some sort of pregnancy test Armageddon?  We left Walmart sans tests so we made a stop at our local grocery store.  I ran in, grabbed two boxes of tests (6 tests in all) and stepped into line.  When I put the boxed on the conveyor belt I couldn't help but watch the eyes of the maybe 19 year old cashier.  She smiled politely and if there was a thought bubble, it would have said, "Who in the world needs to know 6 times if they are pregnant or not?!"  I quickly took the bag from the 19 year old guy who had a similar thought I am sure, and was on my merry way.

So starting Sunday morning, the testing festivities have begun.  I will come back and update this post whenever I have a new test pic to add.  So, for your (my) obsessing and enjoyment, here are my First Response test progression thus far. 
11 DPO
12 DPO
13 DPO
14 DPO -beta hCG 53.8
17 DPO- beta hCG 157






And for those who like to see the cheapies:
17 DPO beta hCG 157

So far so good.  I started the Welcome Womb on 8 DPO just because so many things felt different.  I am taking 3 droppersful 2 times a day.  I have been putting it in a small amount of water and shooting it like whiskey.  Then, without breathing, I drink something else.  It can be water or juice and as long as I don't take a breath between drinks, I only taste the second drink.  This morning I tried it with coffee.  Not recommended since sipping a chaser isn't as effective.  Who knew my days at the bars would pay off when it came to pregnancy.  Please keep the prayers coming!

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest