Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, February 14, 2012

One Beta. One Birthday

Today I went for my first beta hCG blood test and then had a yearly physical with my general practitioner in the same building.  My blood test at the RE's office took no more than 2 minutes from the time I walked in to the time I walked out.  Then after a short flight of stairs I went to my GP's office.  She is a quirky lady who has a heart of gold but she has a couple of theories.  The first is that I can only have boys.  She has no evidence of this, but she just has this intuition about me.  Her second theory is that the baby looks like which ever parent put in more "effort" in the act of baby making.  Based on this, I am slacking in this department. 

After a quick chat she took my vitals and then, as she finished taking my blood pressure she quite literally grabbed a roll of my stunning belly fat and said, "You should have lost this before you got pregnant."  Thanks for pointing that out, Doc. 

Then after picking up Gavin from preschool, treating him to a birthday lunch from McDonalds, we headed home. 

After lunch I put Joey down for his nap and then my phone rang.  They were already calling me with the results from my blood test!  The kindest nurse I have ever known told me that my hCG was 53.8.  At first I was disappointed.  I don't know why, but I had it in my head that I would have been in the 100s.  I am only 14 days past ovulation but was hoping to have a nice high and reassuring number.  Then, I decided to compare to my levels from when I was pregnant with Joey.  I kid you not, they are still written on a dry erase board that hangs on the side of my refrigerator.  I have them recorded other places but I have never been able to bring myself to erase them. 

With Joey on 14 DPO my hCG was a whopping 24.5!  So now I am feeling better about my 53.8!  Also, I plugged it into this beta calculator and saw that it is actually a little above average.  So, I will go back on Friday for another draw and that is when the real obsessing can begin. 

In the mean time, Happy Valentines Day to you all! 

And a very very Happy Birthday to my favorite 4 year old Valentine! 
Gavin having a picnic on the kitchen floor

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest