Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Prince Charming or White Lightening?

I had a date this morning.  I wouldn't call it a romantic get together but it was very intimate.  Unfortunately, my date is kind of promiscuous.  In fact, I think my date has been intimate with hundreds and hundreds of other women.  Have you met, him?  He goes by a number of names but I like to call him White Lightening.

Remember how I said he kind of gets around.  Well, I am not sure if I should feel a little disrespected by the fact that he doesn't even try to hide how unfaithful he is. 
I also had to have Gavin with me today since I wasn't thinking when I scheduled it.  Gavin has preschool on Tuesdays and I would have to have him with me if I had any hope of being able to drop him off in time.  He did a great job of entertaining himself while we waited.  Pardon the plumber butt. 

While he played I started imagining all of the possible scenarios of what Gavin was going to hear and how incredibly awkward it would be when he would inevitably repeat it to his preschool teachers.  Ovaries.  Follicles.  Ovulation.  Intercourse...  Then as Gavin played I started looking around the room.  Why is it that everytime I am in a doctor's office I notice what should be most innocent of pictures and I turn them into something phallic or related to baby making?  Well how about this painting that is hanging in the room?  What do you see?
At first all I noticed was the flowers too.  But if you look closely there are a couple of very busted up, depressed looking sperm.  Do you see them? 

So anyway, it appears as if I have another couple of eggs that have been triggered with 10,000 units of HCG.  The last two cycles we have done this approach they have told me how thick my uterine lining was.  The first time it was 8.3 and my doctor say that was good as they like to see it between 8 and 10.  Last month it measured 8.1 and I was satisfied but not thrilled with that number.  Today, the doctor didn't say anything about the measurement so I asked.  He told me that it was 5.6.  Yep.  That is it.  I asked if that meant that the chances of success are lower.  He said that it didn't mean that at all and that it wasn't a big deal and the only reason we were talking about it was because I asked.  Perhaps he was having a bad day or I was lacking caffeine due to the early and fast start to my day but I was kind of annoyed.  How can he tell me last month that they like to see it between 8 and 10 and this turn around and tell me that a 5.6 is fine.  That just doesn't make any sense to me.  But anyway... I Googled the heck out of it and learned that women have been able to get and stay pregnant with a thin lining so... now we cross our fingers and see if God has it in His will to bless us this cycle. 

Oh and remember how I was so worried about the words that Gavin might overhear and repeat at school today... Well, the doctor totally whispered through most of the appointment, which I was appreciative of.  Phew, right?  Not so much.  At the very end of the appointment he told me in a very normal and audible level to "Go SEX it up."  Ha!  Thanks, Doc!  Man I hope Gavin didn't tell anyone that I went to a doctor today who told me to sex it up."  How awkward would that be?!  I would totally have preferred Gavin talking about ovarian function than sexing it up!  Hopefully he doesn't talk about either.  Ever. 


0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest