Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, December 12, 2011

While I wait... 3DPO














It is officially 3 days past ovulation. I even got a little eggie on my chart to prove it!  So this is the day I get to dream.  I get to dream about my next delivery!

I was really hoping for a natural childbirth with Gavin.  I planned on it.  I knew it was going to be hard work but I was sure I could do it.  That is... until I was in labor for the 3rd day in a row.  I think it is what they call prodromal labor but whatever you call it, it was three days of consistent contractions and only short spurts of sleep.  So when I was finally admitted to the hospital I was exhausted and my whole plan was tossed out the window.  If you want to read his birth story, it is HERE


When I was pregnant with Joey I was adamant that this time I would have my natural childbirth!  That was the case regardless of my OB's constant reminders of how I would want an epidural.  She even went as far as to try to schedule me a consult with anesthesiology so that my next epidural would be better.  She would then tell me about the chance I would need a c-section and that I should probably get the epidural so that if I needed surgery they wouldn't have to put me out.  I did end up with an induction but I managed to deliver my 10 pound 3 ounce baby vaginally without any pain medication!  It was awesome, but not what I really wanted. Joey's birth story is HERE.

Dreaming about the next one started within about 10 minutes of Joey's delivery.  Not even kidding!  I was delivering the placenta and my OB told me that if I ever needed to deliver a 11 pounder, I had the pelvis to do it!  I was thrilled with this!  Because with that information I could avoid an induction even if I have another big baby.  They can't justify inducing early just to prevent a big baby if there is no reason to believe that I can't push him (or her!) out!  So the planning began!

I do not want to be induced again.  There wasn't a good reason for my last one so let's just let God decide when this next baby will arrive.  In fact, I wish I could have a home birth but something tells me that a midwife wouldn't want to deliver a potentially big baby at my home which is at least a good 20 minutes from a hospital.  Plus, the time it takes to get paramedics to our "off the beaten path" home would be problematic too.  So, in lieu of a home birth I want to have a home birth experience at a hospital if that makes any sense.

I want to be able to walk around.  I want to stand up and go pee when I need to.  I want to eat and drink if the mood strikes.  I do not want anything continually attached to me.  I don't mind intermittent monitoring to make sure baby is doing okay in there, but I want to have freedom of movement with no strings (or cords) attached!  I do not want to feel pressured or told what to do.  If I feel like my body is pushing involuntarily, then God is telling me it is time to push.  I want to let God manage this delivery, not doctors.

Then, after baby is here, I want to nurse right away.  I want quiet and privacy.  After a few hours of getting to stare at and nurse my new little life with Doug at my side, then if the nurses need to do some blood work and other such things then they may.  Then let the visitors come!  I am good at sharing after I get a good long turn! 

Have you thought about how you want your next child to be brought into the world?  If you have a post that involves a birth plan, past or current, link it up below! 

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest