Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, October 3, 2011

Waiting In Line

Last night I was making a quick run to the grocery store to pick up some ingredients for a pumpkin bread recipe that I am making for Gavin's preschool class.  It was rainy, cold, close to bed time for the boys, and in order to save time, I had Joey, Doug and my dad waiting in the car.  Gavin insisted on coming with me.  So we raced up and down isles grabbing the few things we needed from the shelves.  Gavin was doing a good job keeping up with my hurried pace.  Then, we scooted ourselves into the shortest line at the checkout.  We loaded our things onto the belt as the woman ahead of us finished paying.  A total of about 25 second may have passed since we arrived in the line.  Gavin, at a clearly audible level, asks:

"Why is this taking SO LONG?!"  

I quickly answered him, at a level equally as audible, "We just got into line. It will be our turn soon!"  My cheeks were a little pink as the woman ahead of us and the cashier both smiled at me.  We paid for our things and quickly shuffled back out to the car. 

Not a very climactic story, I know.  But, it gets better...

Last night, Doug had to catch a 6:30 am flight out of an airport over an hour drive from home.  That meant he had to wake up at 3:00 am!  I don't know if it was my anxiety over making sure he woke up on time or if it was my second serving of caffeine at dinner, but I couldn't sleep.  As I tossed and turned, God decided to send me a message.

I was taken back to my experience at the grocery store and this time when I visualized the events, I was the child.  I turned to God and asked, "Why is this taking SO LONG?!"   God smiled at me and said, "You just got in line.  It will be your turn soon."

I am only 9 days past ovulation and far from "out" but feeling very similar to how I felt last month at this point and we all know how that ended up.  Nada.  But, we are talking and praying about if we might be ready to try Clomid next cycle.  As always, your thoughts, comments, and prayers are welcomed and always appreciated. 




0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest