Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Easy Old Fashioned Pumpkin Bread

When I pick up Gavin from preschool the only piece of information I seem to be able to drag out of him is what he had for snack.  Today was our turn to bring the snack for the class.  While I knew I could easily bring fruit snacks, goldfish crackers, or graham crackers, I wanted to do something a little more... well... involved. They hand out a calendar each month that have themes for each school day.  I am sure it is to help parents out when all their kid will tell them is what they had for snack, but I decided to tie the two together.  Today, the theme was leaves.

I baked pumpkin bread and used a cookie cutter to have leaf shaped pieces. The bread is a perfect density to hold its shape, be moist and delicious, and big enough loaf to fit most 3" cookie cutters.  It is also very easy!  The only thing that makes this even sweeter is that my Mother-In-Law is the one who shared her recipe with me.  Nothing like a family recipe for pumpkin bread to kick off Autumn.


Old Fashioned Pumpkin Bread
Ingredients:
3 cups Sugar
3 1/2 cups Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 cup Chopped Nuts (I used walnuts)
1 cup Vegetable Oil
2/3 cup Water
4 Eggs
1 15oz Can of Pumpkin (or you can make your own if you are really a go-getter!)


Mix the sugar, flour, soda, salt and spices in a large mixing bowl.  Make a well in the middle and add nuts, eggs, oil, 2/3 cup of water, and pumpkin.  
 
This is only the nuts and eggs!  Don't forget to add the other items!


Blend well.  
Pour into two small greased loaf pans and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 10 minutes.*


*I had to add a total of 15 minutes to the cook time for a perfectly baked loaf.



Then, if desired, you can use cookie cutters to make whatever shape you would like! 


I had raving reviews from the teachers when I picked up Gavin!  Gavin and Joey have both eaten it with breakfast and I just had some with a cup of decaf tonight for a special treat.  I love that it is so moist without being gooey.  Seriously so yummy!  This recipe is most definitely a keeper that will be handed down to my children one day.  Thank you so much Diana! 




0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest