Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm Honored!

A few weeks ago, my dear friend Arpita @ Up, Down, & Natural gave me this wonderful Kreativ Blogger Award.  Several months ago Arpita featured and article I wrote for Infertility Awareness Week.  Some months later, our paths crossed again and I have truly felt blessed for having an opportunity to meet her.  She is such a sweet woman with a heart of gold.  She will make a great mother someday very soon, I'm sure of it.

I am now supposed to share 7 things about myself.  This could be really fun!



1.  People who are not aware of their surroundings drive me CRAZY.  Like, how some people can be in the aisle of a grocery store with their cart parked just far enough in the center that no one can pass on either side without clipping their cart.  How can they not see that they should a) pull their cart to the side and b)notice that there are 3 people toe tapping while you take 3 minutes pick which can of kidney beans you are going to get.



2. I live on a farm in the middle of nowhere.  It makes for spectacular views and we always know if we have unexpected visitors.








3.  We have two adorable dogs that don't get near enough attention on my blog.  My dog is Chino, a Chocolate Lab, and Doug's dog is Zen, some sort of lab mix.  We still have no idea what he is mixed with but he is a neat dog.  Chino was in an accident about 5 years ago where he was run over by a Ford F-150 pick up truck and one of his legs was shattered.  I was so devastated.  After a visit with a surgeon in the next biggest city, he offered me two options.  Fixing the leg which was going to cost an astronomical amount of money or have him put down.  I couldn't put down my one year old four legged friend.  So, Chino has a metal rod, four screws, and eight wires in his bionic leg.  It was a long road of recovery but I wouldn't have changed it for the world.




4.  My grandmother, who I haven't talked about in a long time, will be 99 years old in two months.  99 years old!  That is so exciting.  But, I have posted before that I am always afraid that the last time I saw her will be the last time I saw her.  I always told her that I wanted her to know my children and I am so glad that the two I have do know her.  Her passing is going to be very hard on me and I have no idea of how it will affect Gavin.




5.  My husband proposed to me, down on one knee, in a chicken coop.  I went to his house (up the lane from where I lived) and saw him going into the barn with some animal feed.  I went in his house to grab a basket for the eggs that I collected every day when I came home from work.  As soon as I opened the door to the chicken coop I saw a big plastic egg in one of the nests.  I tried to act casual and not run and grab it as I suspected a ring was inside.  Instead I picked up a few other eggs to put into the basket.  When Doug showed up in the doorway of the coop, I asked him about the plastic egg.  I opened it up and found the ring box inside.  Doug proceeded to get down on one knee and ask me to marry him.  After saying yes quickly and doing a little happy dance, I told Doug to get off the floor of the coop.  It was kinda gross down there.

6.  I would love to have twins someday.  Mostly because I want a large family and what a better way to have a large family than to have babies two at a time!

7.  I am hoping to hear from the RE's office soon regarding Doug's analysis that I worked so hard to drop off last week.  Also, on Saturday morning I went to the lab to have blood work done to test my hormone levels.  I am really curious what the results are going to be.

And now to pass it along to 10 other bloggers!

Three Cats and a Baby
This Is More Personal
iNeed A Playdate 
Inconceivable! Journey of a Living Heart
the misadventures of missohkay
Infertile Myrtle 
Love, Audrey
Adventures in Infertility-land
The Broken Birds & Bees
Putting On A Smile




P.S. For those blogs I chose, don't feel obliged to pass this along! I mostly just wanted you to know I enjoy reading your blog and hope others will too! If you do decide to participate, great! I look forward to learning those 7 things about you and the blogs you choose!

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest