Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, August 14, 2011

God's Fertility Clinic- A Book Review

I have hit the jackpot this week when it comes to books! As people who have been following our journey with trying to conceive our third child know, what we thought would be a short wait has turned into a complicated, confusing, and often disappointing year. When Doug's doctor told us to wait two years before we tried to get pregnant, I started really spiraling out of fertility control. I was angry at the circumstances. I was disappointed in what I thought was going to be our only options. I was searching for help and guidance. Many of you offered up your own thoughts on assisted reproduction. I very much appreciated you sharing your very intimate thoughts and what I am sure were your outcomes from many prayers.

I decided that I wanted to see what books were out there that could help me navigate through this dark time. I selected two different books that both showed promise. Interestingly enough, an appointment with my RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) turned on the first light I had seen in a while by telling me there was no reason not to try and that Doug's medications would not interfere with our efforts. But, the books showed up and I started reading anyway. The first book was shockingly far from what I was looking for, expected, or could even finish reading. I may at some point in the future share more about that book but right now, I am very excited to share about the second book I picked up moments after closing the first.

God's Fertility Clinic, written by Jean Warner, was everything I needed. For the first time since I was in college, I was searching for a highlighter. I had to settle for an ink pen since I am sure my only high lighters are probably tucked somewhere in my Classroom Management and Organization book. The words in the book really spoke to me. Jean shares testimonials of women who were struggling with fertility and were brought to Jean for prayer. They shared how they prayed and were soon blessed with children. Jean pairs these testimonials with passages from the Bible along with easy to understand explanations of the stories. I know sometimes I get bogged down in following someone's interpretation of the Bible especially when it seems to be made into an explanation for whatever agenda they have. Jean doesn't have to shape, interpret, or force any of the stories to prove what she is saying because what she is telling us is true. It is of God.

Jean's book, God's Fertility Clinic, left me feeling recharged, rejuvenated, and really looking forward to the next child God has for me. I would like to share just a few of my favorite lines from her book.
We must first be pregnant with the Word of God to experience God's miracle.
This is so obvious but still so profound. I think I have spent so much time wanting to be pregnant that I forgot to grow big and pregnant with the Word of God. My priorities got very twisted.

Many people plant words in their lives like seeds being planted in the ground. But instead of planting seeds of hope and faith, they plant seeds of doubt and bitterness. They cannot see the harvest of a miracle when all they had planted were seed of doubt, anguish, and bitterness.
Isn't this so true? I have found myself planing so many seeds of doubt, negativity, and darkness that it is no wonder that I haven't yet fallen pregnant. I was telling myself not to get excited. I made sure I expected the worst. It was almost like I was walking around challenging God to cheer me up instead of having complete faith in Him.

I really feel like I have had the dark cloud lifted so far from above my head. I am so happy that God will give me another child! I don't know when it will happen but I have faith that it will!

And then as if sharing her book with me and the rest of the world wasn't enough, she has agreed to let me post an e-mail interview with her! I can't tell you how excited I am that she is going to do this! Be looking for this!

If you want to buy the book ($7.99) you can click here. If you would like a copy but are unable to obtain a copy, please contact me to see if I may be able to locate a copy for you.

Please note that I am in no way being compensated for this post. I purchased this book and really just want to share it with as many people as I can!

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest