Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, August 13, 2011

5 Things I Learned From My Garden

1. I have learned where the phrase "old and bitter" came from. This arugula, despite looking pretty and tasty, forced me to experience what it must taste like to chew on the tail of a skunk. It was thoroughly repulsive. According to my facebook friend, I harvested it too late. If I am able to recover form the PTSD I have from that lettuce, I may try it again next year. Judging by the dry heaves I still experience when thinking about this flavor, if you can call it that, I'm thinking Iceberg is the way to go.
2. If you have ever heard the expression that "any more than a handful is a waste," I am not sure these were the type of melons they were referring to. But, these little melons, despite their petite size were tasty and perfect portion control.
3. This pepper plant didn't look good from the start. All of my others seemed to be growing, getting fuller and flowering while this one just got eaten, never grew much, and was withering away. I was days away from not even bothering to water it anymore since it couldn't possibly produce. Let this be a lesson to me. This plant has started producing and it's peppers have been the tastiest of the whole season.
4. Without pulling a weed or two, this is what happens. If you look really carefully you might find the corn. 5. Sometimes the most appreciated things in the garden are the one that you just look at.




0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest