Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, August 7, 2011

5 True Confessions of a Mom


1. I was having some... um... digestive upset and was headed to the bathroom in a hurry. I anticipated it being a long visit and wanted some reading material. I didn't have much time to select a book so I grabbed the closest book I could find. I thoroughly enjoyed my quiet time with the big red dog.
2. I have caffeine addiction. This was made abundantly clear when Gavin (3) has started asking me questions prefaced with, "Mommy, after you have some 'caffeine' will you..."

3. I love dressing my kids like my husband and then going on a family trip. Today was Walmart. The only thing missing was a couple of mullets.
4. Gavin will be going to a two day a week preschool in a month. I am excited to have some time for just Joey and I, but I am petrified of the notes I will get from his teacher. For instance, Gavin makes up words ALL the time. He will say silly words, use them in sentences, and even try to explain what they mean. I had to actively ignore him when he said a silly word that was pronounced fuh-key. Then today he said something was kin-key. Great. Perfect. His teachers are going to think that we are sex crazed potty mouths. Totally rethinking preschool.

5. I probably remind Gavin to use an "inside voice" about 30 times a day. I remind Joey too but he NEVER listens. If whatever they is doing is funny, I let it go... for a while... I know it is probably confusing but sometimes parenting is about bending the rules.

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest