Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, July 31, 2011

Facebook Goggles

Many of my friends have pointed out how Facebook, while a great way to keep in touch with old friends, can be a source of stress, anxiety, and disappointment. It is sometimes hard to see everyone else having the time of their lives, posting the highlights of their weekends, and sharing the adorable moments that their family are sharing. But, c'mon. Let's get real. It is time to take off the Facebook Goggles.

WHAT THEY POST:
My baby offered me a tissue! Aw!



WITHOUT THE FACEBOOK GOGGLES:
My baby offered me a tissue because I literally cried when I realized that I had to clean up this mess again. I can't keep up with this kid and if anyone ever dropped by for a visit I would be thoroughly embarrassed. This is actually what the house looks like on most days. Please don't call CPS.



WHAT THEY POST:
Red chili chicken and fresh picked asparagus!!



WITHOUT THE FACEBOOK GOGGLES:
While this is a pretty looking dinner, I overcooked the chicken. The kids wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole and my husband "liked the sauce" which is code for, "Not your best work, dear."



WHAT THEY POST:At the aquarium! Gavin had a blast!



WITHOUT THE FACEBOOK GOGGLES:
I am swollen, tired and annoyed. Gavin hasn't napped in 3 days. It has been meltdown after meltdown. I am not sure who this guy is but I am pleased that he is blocking the view of my gigantic butt.




WHAT THEY POST:He looks like he is plotting something! Whatever could it be?



WITHOUT THE FACEBOOK GOGGLES:Oh, yeah. He is probably plotting his escape from this play yard prison. I can't do anything without him getting into something so I have to cage him. Please don't call CPS.



WHAT THEY POST:Gavin is helping fold laundry! What a helper!

WITHOUT THE FACEBOOK GOGGLES:All of this laundry WAS folded about 3 minutes before this picture was taken. Thanks for the help, honey. By the way, whoever taught this kid to "fold" is in some REAL trouble.


The next time you find yourself envious of your online friends, remember that what you are seeing is really only what they want you to see. Everything looks better with facebook goggles on! I invite you to e-mail me your facebook post with and without the goggles! You might be featured in a future post! Maria@LifeLossAndOtherThings.com







0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest