Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, June 24, 2011

Memorial Ideas for Your Angels

Most women who go through a miscarriage are confronted with the feeling of needing to somehow memorialize their loss. I always wanted to have something to represent my babies but I didn't know where to start. I was afraid that if I planted something that it wouldn't grow, or worse, it would die. I looked for jewelry but couldn't find something that wasn't crazy expensive. appropriate for everyday wear, that was attractive enough to represent my beautiful babies in heaven. I looked around a little but then gave up. For me, my memories in my head were enough. For those of you who want something more tangible, here are some wonderful ways to cherish your very real and very missed angels.

First, if you are looking for hardy plants that are known to stay beautiful and alive (even if your thumb is a very pale shade of chartreuse) try one of these!







The first is an African Violet. They come in a variety of shades of purple and are extremely hardy. In fact, they only need watered once a week and don't even need direct sunlight! Plus, they are beautiful!









This Jade plant is not only attractive but is a tough plant that, even if neglected, won't die. It needs a little sunlight and will bloom with pink flowers in the winter months. Who couldn't use a little pink in the winter?
















This is called a Peace Lily. This is a great plant because it will almost tell you when it needs water. When it's leaves start to look a little wilted, it is time for a drink. It needs a little sunlight but other than that, what a lovely plant to help you find peace with your loss.












If plant's are quite your thing I have other ideas. I have mentioned this wonderful organization before and am not ashamed to do it again. Maureen and her volunteers make these pillows to help grieving mothers to give mothers something tangible to fill their empty arms. My favorite part is that when the pillow is completed, a prayer is said for the mother that receives it. They are beautiful and you can see the love that is put into each one.






Maybe you have a picture of your postive pregnancy test, a photo or video of you sharing the news with your husband, or other very treasured memorabilia that you want to keep somewhere safe. Your pregnancy and your baby was real and sometimes we need something real to help us from those, "Maybe I just imagined it" moments. This box and many others would be a great place to put those special things. Also, if you choose to do a burial and want a beautiful place for your baby to rest, there are gorgeous boxes of varying sizes.

If jewelry is what you are looking for, please visit Little Angel on Etsy. She has a number of very touching necklaces that are perfect for wearing every day. I love that they are understated so that you can feel like it is your little special something that isn't grabbing the attention of every nosy cashier at the grocery store. These are just a few of my favorites:


Another thing I love about these necklaces is that they make an excellent gift. If you are a husband who is having a hard time mourning on the same level, this is a wonderful way to show your wife that you can appreciate her connection to her baby. Really, any friend or family member who wants to do something but isn't sure what to do or say, these would certainly mean the world to a mourning mother.

And finally, please check out Little Angels Online Store for tons of other ideas from garden stones and plaques, to candles and key chains.

I am sorry that anyone has to be here, but my sincere hope is that you can find a way to help you cope with the pain of losing your baby. I believe that having a memento, a symbol of your child living in your heart, is a good way to find peace. But, I truly believe that the best way to heal from a loss is to strengthen your relationship with God. This keepsake is free, perfect, and will bring you closer to the opportunity to spend an eternity with your angel in Heaven. You may miss them for a lifetime but you can hold them for eternity.





0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest