Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Teething Used to Suck

I very rarely post a facebook status. I tend to think that what I am thinking and feeling really isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things. But one day a couple of months back I posted a status. It read, "Teething Sucks." Eloquent. I know. But it really did pretty much sum up how my days had been going.

Gavin's teeth came in easy and early. He may have needed Tylenol a total of 4 times in his whole teething career. He would just be fussier than usual at bedtime and after a dose of Tylenol, he would be all set for the night. Just like everything else, Joey was showing us what a typical babies does.

It would start at any given time and he would scream. Not the irritated because I want more attention scream or the I have a load in my pants kind of scream. It would be a scream that would convey very clearly that he was in pain. This scream would continue despite efforts with teething rings (cold, chilled, slightly chilled...) gum massages, vigorously employed distraction techniques, and even Tylenol would only seem to work for a short time. So, up it went on Facebook. Teething Sucks.

One of the redeeming qualities of facebook is that people that you would otherwise never have any link to are now in your back pocket, available to offer advice. Sometimes the advice is helpful sometimes it causes you to click the little "x" and delete them forever from your list of friends. But in this case, I was so glad to have a dear friend from high school on my friends list.

She suggested an Amber Teething Necklace. I had no idea what this even was and assumed it was something like a teething ring of sorts that babies could teethe on. She corrected me and told me, "The oils from his skin work with the Baltic amber and it releases into his skin-blood system and helps reduce pain and discomfort. Also good with negative energy, etc-calming. I love it!" With a review like that, who could resist, right? Plus, especially after my experience with the Welcome Womb, I am becoming a firm believer in homeopathic and natural solutions. I asked on a few message board about others' experiences with the necklaces and got very mixed reviews. I decided that even if it didn't really work then at least I had tried. I bought the Baltic Amber Teething Necklace and put it on Joey the moment it arrived in the mail.

There is no way to prove if the necklace really worked or if Joey's teething pain wasn't as intense as it had been but since putting the necklace on him. But, with that said, I have only needed to use Tylenol once. Even on that one occasion, he didn't seem as thoroughly overcome with pain like before. He just seemed like he was hurting and Tylenol would help. It was more like how Gavin would act when he was teething. For the record, while he was wearing the necklace he cut one top front tooth and the other is not far behind it. Again, I know that it could have been a total fluke but I do know that I will buy another one if I ever have another baby who has a tough time with teething. Plus, they are super cute! Even on my burly boy!

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest