Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, January 14, 2011

As Long As She's Healthy...

As time went on I started feeling better and better about the pregnancy. The next milestone that we had all been waiting for was finding out the gender. I had toyed with the idea of having it be a surprise but Doug really wanted to know so I gave in without too much tugging. I had an appointment on the 13th of February when I was 18 weeks to have an ultrasound and hopefully find out the gender. Since Gavin's birthday was the next day I decided that I would have the bakery make a cake in either pink or blue so that when we cut the cake everyone, except Doug and I, of course, could learn the gender at the same time.

I know they say that every pregnancy is different and that you can't compare them to determine gender but because I was having so much morning sickness, totally different cravings, and just feeling different, I just knew this baby was a girl. According to every old wives tale, Chinese gender calendar, and online quiz, my baby was all girl. So I laid on the ultrasound table anxiously waiting for them to scan the goods! I watched the screen intently and when she began looking at the genitals, it was obvious. My baby girl had a penis. She was a he.

I was thankful that I had gone to the appointment alone. I managed to smile and say, "That is totally a penis." when the technician asked me if I saw what she saw. But, in my head, a totally different dialogue was going on. "A boy. Okay. It's another boy. This is not what I thought I was going to hear. But what about the girl? Oh, my mom is going to be sad that she can't make pink dresses with frills and lace. I think Doug will be happy with another boy." This very unenthusiastic conversations with myself lasted throughout the remainder of the appointment as they told me that everything was healthy and normal on the ultrasound. That was great news, but he was still all boy.

I started driving home and actually cried a little. I knew it was ridiculous to be crying but I just felt so let down. Then, like a light switch flicking on, I started getting really excited. I started thinking about how much fun Gavin was going to have playing with a little brother. I thought about how close they would become and how much I just loved being Gavin's mommy that being a mommy to another little boy was going to be just as much fun. It may have taken a little while but, Oh my! I was having another boy! How exciting!

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest