Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, February 19, 2013

February 18th, 2013

On this day, Heaven welcomed my Grandmother. 

I think not of this day in sadness for what we have lost, but in recognition that after living on this Earth for a remarkable 100 years, surrounded by family and friends too numerous to count, she has went to be with Jesus. 

I told her long before I was married how much I wanted my children to know her.  Of course her response was that she wasn't going to be around forever.  She was 80 years old then...

I wish that baby #3 would have had the same opportunity to know her but, in her final days I sat next to her bed and I leaned in close and said, "Grandma, I have good news."  Her eyes looked up to my face and she quietly gave me a quizzical look.  I went on to say, "I'm pregnant!  We are having baby #3!"  Her eyes lit up so brightly.  She smiled ear to ear.  A full on smile that said she knew what I said and that she was so so happy for us.  I wish she would have been able to meet this baby, but I know that this baby has at least one angel up in Heaven watching over him/her. 

1 comments:

Maria said...

:*) so beautiful, Maria. You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad she got to meet Joey and Gavin and watch them grow through the past years and it's so special you go to share your wonderful news with her.
Hugs and love
Maria

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest