Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Suspense

The suspense was nearly killing me.  On Tuesday morning I did my ritualistic boob poke to make sure they were still sore (Oh... don't give me that look. You did it too.) and they weren't.  At all.  I poked my boobs on the way to the doctor's office.  Still nothing.  I poked them some more while I waited for that call.  That time they were a little sore but then I had to wonder if it was because they were actually sore or if they were sore because I had been repeatedly poking them all morning. 

When the call came with the beta number of 149, I poked them again.  Still nothing much happening there, unless I poked them from underneath!  Ah!  A little sore under there.  Those boobs were just playing hard to get.

Yesterday they were about the same.  If it hadn't been for my fatigue I would have been sure that this pregnancy was over.  Then when last night came around and despite a 1 hour nap that afternoon, I was still ready for bet at 9 pm, I was reassured.

I went to the lab this morning and headed home preparing myself for the grueling afternoon of waiting for the phone to ring.  I made lunch for the boys and talked myself into eating a salad.  Just as I was about to sit down for lunch. my cell phone rang.  Oh my goodness!  I only had left the lab less than 2 hours ago.

The nurse's voice was chipper, but this nurse just seems to always sound that way.  She is the type of lady who probably dots her i with a heart with a curly Q tail.  So I allowed her to lull me into a sense of positivity and then her voice got even higher when she told me that my numbers look "Really great!" and that they are "really pleased with them!"  She finally spilled the number to be 349.  Yep.  349.  It doubled and then a little.  I am good with that!  Of course it wasn't quite the crazy high number I was dreaming of but, hey, I'll take it.  A doubling time of about 40 hours with 31-72 being normal. 

Please keep the prayers coming as I will not feel "out of the woods" until I see a heartbeat.  Thanks again to all of you.  Your support means the world to me. 

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest