Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, September 10, 2012

Something New

Today Doug and I met with our RE.  After 28 cycles of trying for baby #3 with only one early loss to show for it, we are feeling like it was time to explore what else we might be able to do to get pregnant.

I never ever dreamed that I would have been that girl in that room that I was today.  After all, I was the girl that used to get pregnant nearly at will.  Here I was, sitting in that finely upholstered chair just like I had a half dozen times before.  This time, though, I was a bona fide infertile.

I tossed my question upon the table and sat back to observe.  I asked, "What is next?  What, in your professional opinion, should we do?"

We talked for close to 40 minutes.  There was plenty of laughter and jovial teasing at my "theories" on fertility because anyone that knows me knows that I always have theories.  I am proud to say that at least half of the time I am right.  The other half of the time I simply find that my theories needed a small adjustment.

My current theory involves Doug's current medications.  As it turns out, that brief pregnancy that we had about 9 months ago, was conceived when Doug had, against his doctor's knowledge, stopped his medications.  He restarted them as soon his liver enzymes began to rise again.  Since then, he has followed doctor's orders.  I also, have not become pregnant again.  We all agreed that Doug should get another semen analysis.  The doctor went on to say that regardless of the outcome of that test, he will probably recommend IUI as our next step.

I won't lie.  I am happy.

After so many cycles of no success, it feels good to feel like there is a new tool on the horizon.  I know that if God doesn't want us to get pregnant, we cannot thwart His plan.  I really feel like we are meant to go this route.  Even if it doesn't end with a pregnancy, this is part of our journey.

Also, I am happy to say that I have lost 20 pounds and I am still working very hard to lose more.  I would like to make it to the 100's before pregnancy, but if a pregnancy happens to strike first, I can't say that I will have one ounce of regret.  (Did you see that?  That was a weight joke!)

I hope to do a better job of blogging about this part of my journey.  Please know that I plan on being completely honest.  I plan on sharing all of my hopes, doubts and fears from here on out.  Thanks again for all of the support you have shown me over the last year and a half.  I hope that this post can serve as a start of a new chapter in this blog.  I hope it is a happy chapter.  But either way, it is the start of something new.  


0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest