Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, September 6, 2012

Good News

Not that I am not thankful for good news, but I think it caught both Doug and I slightly off guard.  Tuesday was yet another example of why Dr. Google is not a good dude.

We went to see the neurologist bright and early on Tuesday morning and after a long appointment and lots of questions and answers, he doesn't feel that there is anything to be concerned about.  Turns out that the abnormal MRI looked exactly the same as the one that was done a year ago.  I never thought I could compare a MRI to a pap smear but I had some irregular pap smears over the last decade or so.  I asked my OB if there was anything I was doing that was causing them.  She explained to me that the results of a pap are completely subjective.  One person might interpret the exact same sample of cells to be abnormal when the person sitting next to them would say it was fine.  This is exactly what happened with the MRI.  It was no different and one doctor said it was normal and the doctor that read his recent one stamped it with abnormal.  So... let that be a lesson to all of us!  Don't start asking Dr. Google what is wrong based on some dudes interpretation of one test. 
someecards.com - Dear Dr. Google: Thank you so much for convincing me that I had a year to live based on a headache, fatigue, and sore muscles. You are an asshole.
We did learn that there is a chance that something might be going on neurologically since he does have an autoimmune disease.  It isn't out of the realm of possibility for Doug to develop something like lupus or rheumatoid arthritis.  Then, the irony is that if he did have one of those things, the course of treatment would be.... drum roll please.... the exact same meds he is already taking.  So, he is going to do some blood tests to rule out those things and repeat the EEG since there was some things that could be unusual but also happens in 10% of the population without any epilepsy.

So really... we high fived and hugged in the hallway on the way out and I did a little happy dance on my way home.

This also brings me back to where we are on the TTC front.  It has been a long 2 years.  A very very long 2 years.  I celebrated my 36th birthday and while I recognize that I have fertile years ahead of me, the fact that we haven't had any luck doesn't leave me feeling any more relaxed or reassured.  I bit the bullet and called the RE to see about what might be next for us.   I won't lie, I am excited about this.  It is kind of like a fresh start.

someecards.com - All I have to do is relax and I'll get pregnant? Wait a second. Let me write down this stellar advice! Please pass me the pen that has been accidentally jammed into your eye.
I'll be sure to update after my appointment next week and maybe one of these days I'll sit down and blog about some of the crazy things I think about all day long. 

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest