Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm Baaaaaa-ack and still Gluten Free!

Somewhere in the middle of last cycle I was talking about going gluten free.  I did and haven't looked back.  Well... I'd be lying if I wasn't really tempted by some good old fashioned Kraft Macaroni and Cheese last week but I manged to walk away.  I frowned.  I stomped around my kitchen for 47 seconds, but I reminded myself of how awful it would make me feel. Plus, I read in a book that a woman with untreated celiac disease has something like a 20 percent chance of miscarriage.  Once the gluten free diet has been implemented, the risk of miscarriage drops to the normal range.

Ahhh to be normal...

... Goodbye Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.  Forever. 
Once I decided to go gluten free, I did the initial freak out.  I didn't know what had gluten outside of the obvious bread and pasta,so I emailed a friend of mine and asked her what on Earth she eats!  So using that information, this has been my diet for the last month or so:

Breakfast: Chex cereal.  There are several varieties of Chex that are Gluten Free (and I love that they are also clearly labeled!!!) with my personal favorite being the honey nut.  Chocolate is good too but on the desert-y side.  Cinnamon is a flat out sugar cereal.  Also unflavored coffee is safe as well as most coffee creamers.

Lunch- Salad.  Lots of salad.  I started with a oil and vinegar dressing but after a week or so of that I had it up to my eye balls with oil and vinegar dressings.  I found one Asian inspired oil and vinegar that I love and a yogurt honey mustard.  Both very yummy and nice when you need a change from the boring Italian Dressing.

Dinner- Mostly things like baked chicken, lots of veggies, rice, and again... salad.  I have experimented with Gluten Free pastas and found them to be a different texture but good when you want to pretend like you are normal.  Also, I have made Gluten Free pizza and was happy with it.  Gavin actually devoured 3 pieces and he typically eats like a bird.

Snacks- Chips and salsa have been my staple.  Also rice crackers (I can only seem to find them in the Asian food section) and humus. 

Desserts- I baked GF brownies for a family dinner and they were super good!  I threw in some chocolate chips and walnuts and no one would have even known the difference if I hadn't ratted on myself.

Since making the switch I am not having the digestive issues I used to have and I have found that I have a lot more energy!  Like really!  I used to spend entirely too much time on the couch waiting for Joey to nap so that I could nap, blog, or make up an excuse not to cook or clean.  Now, I actually have the energy to prepare better meals and can spend more active time with my kids and husband.

If it also helps me get and stay pregnant... only time will tell.  Right now I am having a bit of a strange cycle.  I don't know if it has to do with my diet change or not but in my 5 years of charting, I have always ovulated on cycle day 13 or 14 with one cycle with an early day 12 egg and cycle day 15 at the very latest.  Today is cycle day 16 and I still haven't been able to identify ovulation.  Maybe different will be good? 

So good to be back and I look forward to a wonderful May! 


0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest