Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, May 25, 2012

I Have Two Biggies

This morning started like most others.  I rolled out of bed and rushed into the shower before Joey's, "ma-ma-ma-ma" turned into "MAAAAAAM!"  (Yes... He now calls me like how I imagine a teenager would.)  One good thing about trying to conceive is that it guarantees that I shave my legs at least once a month.  I must admit that since I was in a bit of a hurry that I focused more on the sides that the doctor would be exposed to while giving me the ultrasound.  I jumped out of the shower and into my clothes and it was time to start the day.

After the boys were fed, I sat and played with them until I needed to finish getting ready to go.  I talked to my mom and told her that my appointment was at 10:15 if I remembered correctly.  I decided that I should probably double check the time... you know... just in case.  I looked at the appointment card and saw staring back at me that I was to be at the office at 9:15 not 10:15!!  I had 30 minutes to get my mom to my house, and drive the 20 minutes to my appointment.  My mom showed up about 5 minutes later and I was able to jump in the truck about 2 minutes after that.  Plenty of time. 

Then as I am cruising... nah... flying up the freeway I notice in my rear view mirror that I completely forgot to take out the double stroller.  Great.  I didn't want to leave a $150 stroller ripe for the picking in my vehicle, so after I pull into the parking lot at 9:12, I grab that bulky stroller like She-Woman and heave it into the backseat.  After some more pushing and maneuvering, I am able to close the door.  Then the speed walk to the office.

I walk in and am greeted by the always fantastically sweet receptionist with a wave and a grin.  I have a seat in the empty waiting room and as soon as my butt hit the seat they call me back.

"Wow!  You guys are on it today!"

"Yeah.  We had something come up.  You obviously didn't get our phone call.  We tried to reschedule." she said kindly.

"I am so sorry!" I say with almost a tear in my eye either from my suddenly hectic run to the appointment or from feeling like I had screwed up again today.

"No big deal!" she smiled. 

Now while most people would have been okay with that I sat on the table feeling so horrible.  The doctor came in about 15 seconds later and before we even had a greeting I asked, "Is everyone here just because of me?"

My doctor explained that he had a last minute meeting this morning and that if I would have showed up 5 minutes after I did, he would have been gone.  He wasn't angry with me at all but I still felt awful and appreciative that I checked my appointment card when I did.  Five minutes later and this post would have been completely different!

So, after all of the crazy running this morning, I learned that I have two "biggies" on my left side and one "too small one" on my right.  The nurse gave me my trigger shot and we plan on having a busy but fun weekend.  When I told Doug about the follicles, he said, "So we need to aim for the left side."

I am excited and hopeful.  I appreciate all of the love, support and baby dust you all have been sharing with me.  



0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest