Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Be Still

Each night before bed we have a some family Bible reading time.  Since it was easy to see that most of what we were reading was flying over Gavin's head, we started a new little routine.  We start by reading one story from 101 Bible Stories for Toddlers and then read the corresponding story in the bible.  With Gavin's version there are colorful pictures, small and easy to understand words, and it leaves him with the big picture.  Then when I am reading the true and extended version, Gavin seems to actually grasp a little of what I am talking about.  It works well for us!

The other night we were reading Exodus and for the first time I think God spoke to me.  I was reading aloud as I have been doing every night for the last 6 months or so and as I read the following passage, the words stuck in my head. 

The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.       -Exd 14:14
I often read portions of the Bible that I like or think to myself that I need to go back to but this was different.  It was like He was speaking to me and telling me to "be still."  God was basically, in His infinite wisdom, telling me to chill out.  I don't need to be freaking out over every little thing.  I just need to be still and let Him do what He intends to do.  

It is kind of weird actually.  Without giving it any thought at all, I find myself saying those two words, "Be still." at least 20 times a day and maybe more.  It isn't always during a moment of stress or anxiety.  Sometimes I am just driving down the road minding my own business and I hear those words in my head.  

Be still.  

I think I now have proof for why it is so important to read the Bible.  It isn't just a document that has all of the answers to life.  God can use His very own words to speak directly to me.  Amazing.

I did use Clomid this cycle and will be triggering ovulation using an HCG injection on Friday.  I haven't decided on if/when I will start testing since getting false positives from the trigger have made me crazy in the past.  After all, I need to be still.

Be still.  

Be still. 



0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest