Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, April 20, 2012

A Purse, a Potty, and a Pee Stick

A couple of weeks ago I wanted to go to a local book store to get a book on Gluten Free cooking.  Taking two kids with attention spans of a gnat was risky.  They did have a kids section but of course they have games, and toys at the eye level of a toddler so I was screwed.  I managed to grab my book and tell the boys that they could each pick out a book.  There was kicking, screaming and carrying on when I wasn't going to give in to the totally overpriced puzzles and toys that we already have plenty of at home.  Gavin finally complied and walked over to the Olivia books.  Our whole family likes that show Olivia.  Granted it is a little estrogen heavy for the kids but... eh... what a little theatrical and dramatic overload going to hurt?

Gavin picked up a book that was large, pink, and shaped like a handbag.  It wasn't coming home with us.  I used my ninja mom skills to convince him that Olivia opening a lemonade stand was worthy of so many ooohs and ahhhs that the pink handbag book didn't stand a chance.  After paying for our books, I decided that getting some coffee for the road was a must.

Since the nearby Starbucks (AKA Ninja Mom Fuel) was without a drive thru (which makes it much less powerful to a mom with two gnats... I mean kids) I went to the coffee stand in the book store.  Gavin saw the juices and kid friendly drinks and I was easily convinced.  After all, I did rob him of that very fashionable handbag.  I put a  vitamin water into two cups with ice and let the boys slurp it down at the same rate I was chugging my iced coffee.

Then, I decided that it would be fun to let the boys see the critters at Petsmart.  We walked up and down the isles admiring the creepy crawly critters and the ones that swam and even a few furry ones.  Then, we piled back into the car and were on our way home.

We were about halfway home when I heard the words every mom dreads.

"Mom.  I have to go potty!"


What was I thinking letting Gavin have a big cup of fruit flavored water?  Joey is still in diapers so he can pee freely but Gavin?  What was I thinking?!  I told him to hang on and then assessed the situation.  I had basically two options: a fast food restaurant or a truck stop.  I weighed the two establishment on a few qualities and oddly enough I decided that the truck stop would be an easy in and out and I wouldn't feel obligated to purchase anything.  After all... it is like a rest stop.  As we pulled into the parking lot and I was getting the boys out of their car seats, I was nearly knocked over by the cigarette smoke.  Whatever.  I was in a hurry and by the look on Gavin's face, so was he.  So we get inside the restaurant/lobby door and the bathroom is thankfully just inside the door.  Gavin rushes to the handicapped stall (so that we can all fit in there) and reaches for and grabs the toilet seat.  Yeah... it happened.  Full 5 finger grab to the public truck stop toilet seat.  After my initial freak out I took a deep breath and thought, "I am so glad I am not really OCD like Jo @ BumBumGerms or I would toally be needing a wire brush right now."  (If you like to have a giggle or two her posts always do it for me.)  Then, we managed to get the deed done and wash his hands all while I am somehow managing to keep Joey from reaching out, grabbing and ingesting truck stop potty germs.  On the way out Gavin spots the "insert a quarter and weigh yourself scale."  Then, before I can stop him he is touching all over it.  Back to the sinks.  At this point, I am dying to get out of the bathroom but also feeling like I need to pee too.  I make the executive mommy decision to hold it and get the heck out of there.  I am still waiting on my T-Shirt that reads, "I survived a Truck Stop bathroom with children!"

It is days like that that I find myself questioning my unwavering desire to have another baby.  This last cycle was a bust.  The good news is that my BabyHopes HPTs worked great!  I wished they would have worked great and been positive, but thankfully I have a few left for this cycle.  But, if I do ever get to add to this family, I am considering either only traveling in an RV or withholding all beverages until 10 minutes before we will be home.

Have you ever found yourself with nature calling in an unnaturally disgusting place?  Tell me about it!!!


0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest