Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, March 29, 2012

Wobenzym N and Jolly Ranchers


After my last appointment with Dr. M., my RE, I was prepared to fly to Chicago to meet with a new doctor who would be willing to test me for everything that may be contributing to my losses.  Dr M. said that he was fine with me going to see "Dr. Quack and Dr. Beer", nicknames he has given them based on the how their names are pronounced.  He wouldn't be willing to work with them, but he would be happy to continue working with me independent of them. Dr. M also told me that just because they prescribe a treatment and I carry to term doesn't really mean anything.  Odds are that I will carry to term again regardless of the treatment.  He even went as far as to say that he could tell me to eat Jolly Ranchers every day and maybe that would keep me pregnant.  To which my response was, "Really!  You think Jolly Ranchers would really work?"


After doing a ton of research I decided to try a couple of more natural approaches.  I started taking Maca right away which has been used to treat both infertility and miscarriages.  Who knew.  After as long as I have been trying to conceive and dealing with losses you would think I would have payed closer attention to the uses of Maca.


As I was reading this article, I discovered a supplement that I had never heard of before.  It is called Wobenzyme N.  Apparently it was designed to treat pain and inflammation but they have done several years of studies in women who have had recurrent miscarriages due to autoimmune issues.  In a group of 144 women who had recurrent losses due to immunological response to pregnancy, 79% carried to term when the women took this prior to and during pregnancy.  While I haven't technically been diagnosed with an autoimmune issue, I am feeling fairly certain that this is my issue.  I am thrilled with an 79% chance of staying pregnant.  This enzyme therapy may also beneficial for those with blocked tubes or other scar tissue that is causing fertility issues. 



I have been taking this supplement for a few weeks now.  The directions are to take it at least 45 minutes before a meal on an empty stomach which can be a little inconvenient for my schedule, but I am willing to do what I have to do!  I have had no adverse side effects since I started taking the Wobenzym and have actually had less aches and pains in my muscles and joints since I started.  Obviously I have no idea if this is going to be my "Jolly Rancher" or not, but having virtually eliminated my aches and pains is a decent trade off.   Now we wait and see if I can get and stay pregnant!

*Disclaimer- I was provided with Wobenzym N at no cost for my review.  All thoughts and opinions in this post are 100% my own. 

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest