Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, March 12, 2012

Staying Faithful

Last week seems like it was forever ago.  I was on my frantic search for answers and willing to stop at almost nothing to find and solve my miscarriage issues.  Blame it on hormones or just bruised confidence, but I had to know what was causing my body to do this.

On my way home from that appointment, I called Doug and told him the short version of my appointment.  I expected him to be ready to book a flight (or at least a rental car) to get to Chicago and get the testing underway.  When this wasn't his reaction, I was a bit hurt... at first.

"God doesn't need, pills, shots or treatments," he said.

"Uh... I know that but..."

"We can talk more later and I don't want you to think that I am opposed to testing.  Just remember that God doesn't need any of this."

Of course I cried.  I know He doesn't, but what if I do?

I started coming up with my attack plan on how I was going to go about getting the tests done and figured then I would decide how to move forward.  Then I started reading, researching and thinking a lot about my past losses and my sweet adorable boys.  What did I do differently?  Why did they stick?  Why did I get to keep them?  I know that I may never know the answers but I have some theories.

(Doug teases me because I always have a theory!)

I had tried all of the various interventions my doctor was willing to try.  I still had 6 miscarriages.  I was poked, prodded, and examined for everything possible and still came up empty handed.  It was when I gave up on modern medicine and put all of my faith in God and the herbs he gives us, that is when Joey got to stay.
So, I can go chasing doctors all over the place trying to get every test under the sun or I can put all of my faith in God that when He wills it to be, it will be.

So, with that in mind, I have decided to add Maca to my regimen since it is able to prevent miscarriage when it is cause by a hormonal imbalance.  Also, I have added a new supplement called Wobenzym N.  It is usually used for relief of joint and arthritis pain, but in a study of women with recurrent losses, it had an 80% success rate when immune system issues were a factor.  I am hoping that if it doesn't work that my joints will feel fantastic! 

I know that it could be a coincidence but a couple of months before I got pregnant with Joey, I had started jogging and walking 2-3 times a week.  I don't know if maybe that improved my blood circulation, overall health, or maybe allowed my immune system to work appropriately which meant Joey stuck.  So, since I need to lose some weight anyway, I have been working out about 4-5 times a week on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes each time.  It may not keep me pregnant but it certainly can't hurt me! 

So... now we wait until we get pregnant again so that we can pray that God's will be done and that I can stay strong and faithful that His will is not only what I need but what I should want. 





0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest