Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What Is In Your Cleaning Products? Are They Making You Infertile?

Many months ago I talked about how little we know about the various chemicals that we breath, eat, wear, and otherwise consume in our daily lives might impact our lives and health.  Then, this article pointed out something even more troublesome to me.  There are a number of companies that have chemicals in their cleaning products that have known health concerns.  When I say health concerns I mean serious health concerns including cancer!  Then, lets talk about the rates of miscarriages and infertility and how they only seem to grow.  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that many of the cleansers contain ingredients that cause hormone disruption, pregnancy complications, and reproductive harm.

Think you are safe if you buy only "green" or "natural" cleansers?  Nope.  Several of the products that tote themselves as being green and natural products have these concern causing chemicals too!  Now, do you want another kick in your healthy green pants?  These cleansers do not list these chemicals as part of the ingredients!  They are in there but not listed!  How is this possible?  Most likely companies are only listing active ingredients and these offenders aren't active, I suppose.

Please see this fact sheet about reproductive harm and household cleaners.  This is a great page in that it points out the product types that are the most problematic. There is also a list of specific products so you can check your cabinets! 

Since we are going to go chemical free soon, I have been looking for a good recipe for a homemade laundry detergent.  It seems that most recipes that I find call for ivory soap or something similar.  While it doesn't contain any real known troublemakers, I want to minimize all chemicals as much as possible.  Anyone make their own laundry detergent?  Do you mind sharing your recipe?  Is the Ivory Soap (or Fels Naptha, or ZOTE) my only options or is there a more "pure" soap?

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest