Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, December 7, 2011

ISO a Peanut & Gallery

Feel free to share!
I promise that I am not going to try to revive the outrage over Facebook changes.  The dust has finally settled and I am finally coming to grips with the new look.  One of the changes that I am still bothered by is that anytime I comment, like, or otherwise interact with a facebook page it announces it on the mini feed thing.  Most of the time it isn't a huge deal but what if I want to comment on someone's infertility page about the consistency of their cervical mucus?  What if I want to know if someone has taken a pregnancy test and don't want to blow their facebook cover?  What if I need opinions on a pregnancy test, ovulation test, or other TTC or IF related issue?  The last thing I need is all of my relatives all over the US to be privy to my pee sticks. 

My solution?  I will still be posting things on my Life, Loss, and Other Things facebook page but recognize that most of you want to keep things hush hush.  So, I have decided that I will be starting a secret group on Facebook.  It will not really be a LLAOTWM group although I am going to be an admin.  But I will be me.  The real me.  The "I have a real first name, maiden name, and last name" and so do you.  I invite you to be a part of this group to make statuses that say what you are really thinking.  Instead of talking about errands, complaining about work, or a crappy night of sleep we can talk about our excitement over a squinter, the possibility of an early ovulation, tingly boobies, and the abundant CM that we aren't interested in sharing with everyone we went to high school with!  Because, if you are anything like me, these are our real statuses when trying to conceive! 

The only tricky part of being in a secret group is that you won't be able to find it or join it without an invitation.  The plus side is that all pictures, posts, comments, and activity is never on your public profile or wall or feed.   If you are trying to conceive, managing infertility, or even needing support while trying after a loss, this group is for you!  Let's team up and see some bumps produced!  Email me from the email account associated with your facebook page and I will invite you. 

I think this is going to be fun!  

1 comments:

Maria said...

It is a fabulous idea, Maria!! Especially with all the privacy and lack of with facebook. I know so many of us will be happy we have somewhere to go and feel comfortable asking ?s and supporting others.
So happy you have 2 healthy lil' eggies!!
Thinking of you!
Xoxoxo
Maria

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest