Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Small Business Saturday

I know it is only Wednesday but I really wanted to tell you about some amazing small businesses I have come across over the last year.  When we really sit and think about the money we spend for Christmas gifts and decorations, how much of our money is being spent at the huge chain stores like WalMart or Target?  I know it takes a bit more time to look for small businesses to patronize but when a mom, dad or young person gets a sale it can make their day, pay their overdue bills, and help them in unimaginable ways.  Buying a similar item at a chain store doesn't change the cashiers life one bit.  We will still keep those cashiers employed because we will still buy electronics, books, movies, etc. from them.  But the specialty items... I think we should spend a few more minutes to try to help out the "real" people.

So let me share with you just some of the many small businesses I have taken a liking to and I think you will too. 

The first one is called Simply Darling Designs by Ciera.  There is actually a cute little story that goes along with this one.  One of my dearest friends from long long ago is the Aunt to this young lady, Ciera.  Because the last time I saw Ciera, she was a young, adorable 7 year old with the most striking eyes and charming smile, she is forever frozen in my mind as that young girl.  Turns out, as I have aged, so has the rest of the world.  She is now a stunning young woman who had a real talent for crafting and creating.  Her business is very new and she is working through a facebook page for orders and photos.  She is a sweet girl and I think you will really enjoy her adorable onsies, headbands, and more!  Click the photo below to go to her page!


This small business was started by a mom in her kitchen, the old fashioned way!  Devilishly Delicious Dips mixed her own seasonings together to make fantastic rubs, dip mixes and more!  So many of her mixes make my mouth water.  These will be perfect for those of you attending or hosting holiday get togethers or Super Bowl parties!  Want to wow them with an appetizer?  Try mixing a dip packet with cream cheese and making a scrumptious cheese ball!  Making mashed potatoes?  Throw in a savory dip and you have a whole new tasty twist!  Click on the photo below to go to her website and discover all of the possibilities!


Courage and Curls Crafts  is where Audrey showcases her lovely handmade jewelry is delicate and so feminine.  I love each and every piece!  She is an awesome woman with a story of such courage that she is always amazing me, encouraging me, and inspiring me.  Her jewelry does the same!  I am sure that there are a few people on your shopping list this year that would appreciate the handmade jewelry over the store bought, mass produced stuff.  Stop by clicking the picture below and see all of her stunning work!

 I can't even begin to tell you how much I love the work of Becoming Homegrown!  I came across this awesome store during the Green Christmas Blog Hop and now have a blossoming love affair with the hats that she makes!  I can't wait to buy two of these for my boys!  The only problem is deciding!  After much debate, I think I am going with the owl hats but the skunk, sock monkey and aviator hats are so cute too!  Stop by her adorable Etsy shop and start shopping for the little ones in your life or the ones that will be!  Click below and see the adorable designs.  



Then there is this one other small business that is near and dear to my heart!  You may have heard of it.  It is called Chapter One Herbs.  (Insert shy smile)  If you haven't stopped by to see what we have over there, you should!  We now carry 5 new teas!  One that is great for children who have a case of the sniffles!  It can help chase those cold germs away in a healthy, all natural way!  We also have an adult version should be used at the first sign of a cold or the flu!  We also have a tea specifically designed for pregnancy called BFP Tea, one for those nasty PMS symptoms, and one for those men in our lives called Excite for Men!  Also browse our new essential oil options!  
Do you have a small business?  Drop me an email and I will try to feature you during this holiday season! 

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest