Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, November 25, 2011

Infertility is the Groundhog Day of My Lady Parts

If you have seen the movie, Groundhog Day with Bill Murray then you have seen the 1 1/2 hour movie version of my efforts to try to conceive my third baby.  Bill Murray's character is stunned and surprised when he wakes up and realizes that he is reliving the previous day.  When he goes to sleep again he is sure that when he wakes up the next day it will be different.  Nope.  Same exact day.  After a few more days, the anger and frustration makes way for just annoyance and his efforts to change the outcome.  Then after all of his efforts fail, he just goes through the motions of each day.

Yep.  That has been my year.  The only difference has been that my Groundhog Day lasts about 26 days.  I went through months of anger and frustration.  I then went through my months of trying everything I could in my bag of tricks to make this time different.  Now, I'm just going through the motions.  Another cycle is behind me and this time, I wasn't sad.  I didn't cry.  It was like I just knew my temperature would drop and I would start the whole cycle again.  Just like I had for the previous 17 cycles.  It is like I watched the clock turn to 6:00 am.  Eh.  Did I really think that this would be the time that the alarm wouldn't start blaring 'I Got You Babe'?  Nope.

So, I'm not done trying.  I'm not ready to quit.  Just patiently waiting for Punxsutawney Phil to show his ugly mug and tell me when this season is going to change already.

I guess I should also admit that I haven't actually started my period but today my temperature dropped not just below my coverline but below all of my pre-ovulation temps.   For those of you who don't chart, that is like when the credits roll at the end of a movie.  If you stick around to watch them you might get to see a few more funny scenes, outtakes or something but no matter how long you sit in the theater, the movie is over.  My cycle is over.  As if my temperature dropping didn't make it evident enough, I had the most miserable cramps this morning.  Between the pressure headaches and grouchy hormonal outbursts I managed to throw together a quick batch of PMS Tea.  It will work best when started a few days before your period but, considering it looks like the witch is showing up 3 days early today was going to have to suffice.

Thankfully the recipe is short and sweet.  It is 2 parts Nettle, 1 part Lemon Balm, and 1 part Lemon Verbena.  I mixed them all well and put them in a tea ball and poured boiling water over it.  I let it steep for about 20 minutes.  The taste is somewhat earthy but not unpleasant.  I chose to add some honey and it made it quite tasty.  I drank the first cup hot but am enjoying the second cup chilled and unsweetened.  It is actually very good cold.  I realize that it is almost winter time for most of us but I can totally see this looking and tasting lovely in a nice glass pitcher with a sprig or two of mint!

If you are interested in a natural way to manage the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome, our PMS Tea is now available.  If you would rather mix it and make yourself, we also carry the individual ingredients.

Here's to hoping that in about 26 days I have an opportunity to share our BFP Tea.

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest