Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, November 21, 2011

Everything I Touched...

...today turned to crap.  Have you ever had days like this?  Days where seriously everything you try to do ends up wrong, broken, and leaves you with tears in your eyes.  Yeah.  That was my day.

It started off great.  Doug is off this week and his mom came over to watch the boys while we ran some errands and did some Christmas shopping for the boys.  We stopped and got some Starbucks on the way home and life was good!  Then with my caffeine buzz I started doing a bunch of cleaning and organizing.  We had rearranged the furniture this weekend and it sort of launched me into a cleaning frenzy.  I have been going room by room and cleaning it top to bottom.  Today I moved to the second floor.

I have a habit of putting things on the stairs that should be taken upstairs.  It seems like a great idea since I go up those stairs at least as many times as I go down them.  Somehow I manage to walk right past whatever item I put there.  Then, the item turns into two.  Then three.  Then a small pile.  Then... well... It was time to take some stuff upstairs.  After I moved everything I decided I needed to vacuum the stairs and hallway.  As I was using the hose attachment to catch a cob web or two the vacuum suddenly became silent.  I checked the outlet.  It was still plugged in.  There was no smell indicating a motor died.  I thought maybe I bumped the power button.  Nope.  Just broken.  My 2 month old vacuum just kicked the bucket.

So, I took a deep breath and walked back downstairs.  I took Joey up for his nap, and plopped down on the couch with my laptop.  At that moment, I don't know why, Doug asked me about one of the errands we had run that morning.  I had boxed up an order made from Chapter One Herbs and we mailed it.  Turns out I sent them half of what we were supposed to.  Another deep breathe and this time a little bit of rubbing my eyes and face and I thought, "Okay.  So we just need to send one more package.  It is still plenty early so we can get it there!  Thankfully Doug say he would take it.  He is so sweet!  (Hi Honey!)


While he was gone I decided that I would work on a crafty decorating idea I had wanted to do for a while now from countrygirlhome.blogspot.com via Amanda on Pinterest.  I bought all of the stuff I would need over the weekend.  So as I am getting everything ready, I can't find the most important piece, the curtain rod.  I looked everywhere.  I remembered bringing it in the house.  I remember where I set it.  But I had no idea where it went after that.  Considering our house hasn't been cleaner or more organized in months I was completely irritated that I could find the stupid thing.  Finally it turns up and I am ready to pour myself into the project.  The project that looked so cute, so perfect, and so completely easy looked nothing like what I saw on Pinterest.  By the way, follow me and I'll follow you back!  I'll share a picture of it but I am not happy with it and I will be working on making it look they way I had planned it to.  Since I needed to print the pictures for the project, I got out the photo printer (that I admittedly haven't gotten out in years), plugged it in, and the stupid thing just blinked at me.  It didn't do anything.  Just blinked.  Doug came home and got the printer to actually turn on.  Then as soon as I touched the thing it froze up.  So I unplugged it to start over.  Guess what it did.  It blinked.  This is when I cried.   So here is my crooked, printed on paper picture frames (just the bottom ones) hung on a cool curtain rod.  Nice work huh?
I tried to fix the frames so that they hung straighter.  My first idea didn't work.  My second didn't either.  My third idea cracked the frames and still didn't work. 


Seriously.  Everything turned to crap today!  It can only get better, right? 

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest