Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, October 10, 2011

The Classmate and the Young White Rap Star

Today I went to get an ultrasound done to check to make sure I had no cysts before starting Clomid.  I knew when I made the appointment on Friday that my doctor wouldn't be the one I would see since he is only in that office on Tuesdays and Fridays.  There is a group of something like 6 doctors that work at the 3 different offices.  Dr. M is by far my favorite.  But knowing that he wouldn't be in, I started thinking about the other possible doctors.  One of the doctors is the one who gave me an ultra sound to verify that I was having a miscarriage.  His bedside manner left me in tears and his fake efforts to appear empathetic were about at believable as a obese person feeling bad for the person who "just can't gain weight".  I didn't really care who I had, as long as it wasn't him.

One of the other doctors in the practice is a young, attractive, sweet as pie girl who also happened to have gone to the same college prep boarding school as I did.  She was just a couple of grades ahead of me and in the same class as my brother.  No big deal really but it does provide an unusual experience when your doctor is really more like a peer and I cheered for her team when she played field hockey and she cheered for my team on the basketball court.  Not awkward really.  Just unique.

When I arrived at the medical building, my heart was pounding.  It was like it was finally hitting me that we were doing this.  The information I had learned about infertility, Clomid, and Reproductive Endocrinology by reading posts on message boards and having made friends with ladies traveling that road, were now becoming part of my own world.    As my head was swimming and my heart beating quickly, I soon see, just a few steps ahead of me is the girl I went to school with.  Of the options, I was pleased that it was going to be her, even if it was a little unusual.

I stepped into the elevator behind her and as she looked at me, I could tell that she knew that she knew me but was unclear how.  We made small talk and she would give a clue here and there that she had figured out who I was, but then she she started talking to me as if I were an employee.  As she realized that I was going to the same door as her, I could tell she was eager to go and look at the charts and solve the mystery.  I could hear the chatter through the glass as she must have told some of the others about her inability to place me.  I felt bad but I am still not sure how one goes about gracefully saying (in the company of others on an elevator), "I'm the one who is the little sister of your classmate. I am also a patient of Dr. M's but you are going to scan my ovaries today."

I had joined two other ladies in the waiting area and they were each called back almost immediately.  I waited quietly in the room contemplating picking up a magazine but recognized that it would probably only be a minute until I got called.  I fiddled with my purse instead.  Then, through the same door that I had just walked, came a guy in a white jacket.  I fear that there are no words that can accurately describe what I saw but I will try my best.  He looked to be about 24 years old at the absolute oldest.  His head was shaved bald and probably would not been laughed at if he auditioned to be a Calvin Klein underwear model.  But, despite being good looking, if instead of the white jacket he was wearing a baseball cap turned slightly to the side, I might have clutched my purse a little tighter.  After a brief hello and he passed through the next door, I stood to grab a tissue to stifle my almost impossible to stifle laughter.  It was hysterical to me that a really attractive young Eminem look-a-like was about to be involved in my ultrasound. 

A few moments later, my name is called.  I am lead back to the ultrasound room and undress from the waist down.  I wait with the crinkly paper sheet draped over my lap.  A minute later, in walks Dr. Classmate and Dr. Eminem.  I am introduced to Dr. Eminem and just as I had feared, I am asked if it is okay if he is in the room.  What am I supposed to say?  I say, "Sure!" but I finished the sentence in my head with, "Only if you put your hat on backward and say, 'Dawg!'"

Now all three of us are in a small room with the ultrasound machine and Dr. Classmate stands infront of the machine and hands "The Wand" to Dr. Eminem.

"Really?" I ask myself.  "A young female doctor and a pint sized rap star are in a room with a half naked infertile woman.  Who should insert the wand, do you think?"

Dr. Eminem lifts up the paper sheet to get a better view of the target and in it goes.  I am almost 90% sure that I was smiling.  Not because of the technique but of the situation and the conversation in my head.  *Note to self* Work on keeping a straight face when a wand is inserted into my vagina.  I am pretty confident that my smiling during that procedure only makes an awkward situation more awkward.

The good news is that I had no cysts on my ovaries!  Today I took my first dose of Clomid 50 mg.  I am on cycle day 4 and go back for a shot to trigger ovulation in about a week.  I am really hopeful but trying to keep it in check so that if this isn't the cycle for us, I am not completely feeling busted.  Any words of wisdom, encouragement, hope and prayers are always welcomed! 





0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest