Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, September 17, 2011

Random Humor and Observations

I feel like I have so much going on but simply nothing to write about.  At least nothing that most of you would find interesting so I have decided that I am going to do some random weekend thoughts. 
  • No parenting magazine, or veteran mother could have prepared me for how disgusted I would be to find a booger wall while making my son's bed.  
  •  
  • I love that a diaper company has started making diapers that pull up for those squirmy babies.  That is, until I realized that a diaper that pulls up is not going to make diaper changes any easier when your baby likes to contort himself into a sideways handstand while his bottom is covered in poop.  Holding a child such that wiping is able to be completed,  and them strapping a diaper onto him is no harder than putting on something with leg holes.  
  •  
  • Buying pregnancy tests with two kids in tow is about as awkward as buying an 3 gallon bucket of Vaseline.  
  •  
  • A few days ago I was driving through the mall area of the next closest city.  In the middle of all of the restaurants, bars, gas stations, Target and Kohls, is a very shiny and ornate building.  Years and years ago, it had once been a Chinese restaurant where I was a bartender.  It now houses a strip club.  I kid you not when I say that, at one time, they still served Chinese food out the back door.  Not shocked when that didn't last long.  But I digress... Gavin asked me this week, "What's that place?!"  I stuttered, stammered, choosing my words wisely, "It is some sort of restaurant, I think."  As soon as those words came out of my mouth, I wish I would have considered that Gavin might want to go to a shiny, pretty restaurant.  Then, thankfully Gavin corrected me and pointed again.  This time he said, "No mom! The one with the blue sign.  What's THAT place?" "Oh!  That place is a Goodyear.  They change tires."  Phew!  I have already decided that if Gavin wants to go the the shiny restaurant I will tell him that they only serve vegetables.  
  •  
  • With as much as I want Gavin to be completely independent in the bathroom, the thought of him wiping AND being responsible for washing his hands adequately is petrifying.  
  •  
  •  I am thoroughly convinced that Joey sneaks out of his crib at night and digs with his fingers in the garden.  I also don't understand how it is that I don't notice any of the dirt until we have left the house.  A lot like the fact that my kids look clean to me when I put them in the car.  Once arriving somewhere, that is when I notice their hair is standing up in the back, they have sticky faces from breakfast, and there is some unidentifiable stuff between the baby's fingers. That might be why I choose to go to Walmart.  We'll blend in.  
  •  
  • I'm ready for a vacation. 

 

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest