Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Not-So-Proud Mommy Moment

Today was Gavin's very first day of preschool.  Many moms are caught up in the milestone that preschool is.  What it represents.  It is the start of their educational career.  It does mean that they are no longer babies.  They are little people venturing out into the world to make decisions on their own.  But, my biggest concern wasn't if he would adjust well to the new environment, it was if he would poop at school. 

Gavin has been potty trained since he was 2 years old so hitting the mark wasn't the issue.  Wiping, on the other hand, is not his forte.  I have tried practicing with him but he has no interest in taking care of that part of the job.  So, when morning came today, I hoped and hoped and hoped that he would poop before school.

It was about 5 minute 'til 9 and we had to be at school at 9:30.  I heard the words I was hoping to hear all morning.  "Mommy.  I have to go potty-poop."  I sent him the bathroom muffling the excitement in my voice.  I considered making up a clever facebook status about how excited I was that Gavin was pooping before his first day at school but thought better of it.  I waited patiently for him to declare that he was finished.  I waited.  And I waited.  I went into the bathroom and noted his ample progress and asked him if he was almost finished since we had to get going soon.  His response:

"I have just one more poop to make.  It is shaped like an ice cream cone."

I had no response.  What is there to say in regards to an ice cream cone shaped poop?   



0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest