Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, July 10, 2011

Military Families

I am not a military mom. I am not from a military family unless you go back 3 generations. I have no concept of what it truly means to wait anxiously at home, care for children, all while knowing that my one true love is so far away. I whine and moan when Doug has to go out of town for his desk job for a mere week. I am thankful that God created women strong enough to manage this. For that reason, I salute all of the military mamas.

This morning I was able to see a short segment on the news for a campaign that First Lady, Dr. Biden has been working on to help support the spouses and families of our military. She is encouraging people to pitch in. To help out. To donate whatever services the can provide to these families who are at home, managing as a single parent household. After all, it isn't just the soldier who is "in the military." These families sacrifice so much for our country. Dr. Biden encourages people who can do lawn care to volunteer to do that. If you can cut hair, volunteer to cut the hair of the children. Do what you can to serve these families who are living in a single parent family situation so that we can be protected.

I love this. I actually got a teary eyed thinking about how much these military mamas go through. I wanted to help out these military families too. But what can a stay at home mom do to help out a military family. Then, it dawned on me. For the past 10 weeks I have been posting featured blogs. While I really enjoyed doing this, I think it is time to pay homage to the military families. Each month I am going to salute at least one military blogger by putting their button/link on my homepage. Free advertising!

I cordially invite all military families to sign up for your free adspace using the form below. Do you know a military mama? Please let them know to stop by and sign up too! If I have a good turn out, I will feature more than one each month.



Thanks again military families! I look forward to featuring you!





0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest