Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, July 17, 2011

Good To Know You


Have you ever felt like you should know God better than you do? For a long time, I used to feel a little ashamed. I felt like I should already know Him by this point in my life. I was afraid to admit to people how very little I knew of God. I didn't want to ask questions for fear of not understanding the answers or being looked down on for being so immature in my knowledge of Him. So, I decided to fake it. Pretending, as best I could, to appear as if I knew God was how I moved through life. I put it on a list of things to do but for the reasons I already listed, that kept getting postponed. Then, God, in His mysterious ways, made it apparent that the time to get to know Him was upon me.

I know that getting to know God may seem daunting. It doesn't have to be. Here are 5 simple things you should do to start, continue, and strengthen your relationship with God.

Pray. If you were dropping off a gift at a friends house, you wouldn't just look at the address, climb into your car, and drive around aimlessly, right? You would consult a map, get directions, or use a GPS. God is the ultimate GPS system, so ask Him for directions.

Listen. Asking God is only half of the equation. You have to be listening for His response. Be open to hearing His directions to guide you along the way. There may be a variety of alternate routes all leading to the same destination, but some may have rougher roads. His voice, if you are really tuned in, will always take you down the path He has chosen for you.

Read. Have you ever played a game without reading the directions. You play for years and years and then one day, you sit down with someone you have never played with before and they have a whole different set of rules they play by. It is really hard to figure out the real way. Life is the same way. So many people just start playing the game of life without ever cracking open the instruction book. It isn't too late to get a handle on the real rules of the game. You might think it will dull the game but, I promise, the intricacies and beauty that you never knew existed will be exhilarating! God provided us with all of the instructions in the Bible. Take a peek!

Share. One you start your relationship with God, share it with your friends, family, and neighbors! If you had the best recipe for apple crumb cake, you wouldn't keep that special treat all to yourself. You would take it to parties, make it as a gift, share the recipe over coffee. Do the same with God!

Think. Think about Him. Invite thoughts of God and His word into your heart, mind, body, and soul.

Don't put it off for another day. If you are reading this, it might be one of God's mysterious ways of saying, "Now is the time. Know Me."

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest