Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Random Lessons I Learned Today

Doug had his liver biopsy done today at the hospital. We were aware that the whole procedure was going to take the better part of a day so I was packed up and ready to run errands (sans kids) and maybe do a little blogging at a Starbucks like those trendy people I always walk past and look at longingly. Sadly, due to some really bad storms I ended up cutting my list of things to do short. I went to wait out the storm at my dad's pharmacy, ended up helping out for a while, then headed to the mall. I then decided to pick up some Starbucks-to-go and head back to the hospital to wait for Doug to be finished. On my adventure, alone with my thoughts, I learned a few things and I thought I would share them with you.

  1. I learned that going to an ultrasound guided biopsy means waiting in a cramped waiting area with women waiting to learn the gender of their babies. I also learned that when I walked past a woman in the hallway headed to the gift shop while obviously waiting for contractions to pick up, I would get choked up.
  2. I learned that there is no way to gracefully run through a rainstorm, in flip-flops.
  3. I learned that I must have looked like I needed kind words. A parking attendant called me "Darlin'" as I left the garage and a salesman at the mall called me "Sweetie" about half a dozen times. I was starting to feel like a really cute puppy.
  4. I learned that being cheerful in the hospital is contagious too. I made an effort to make people smile without being annoying (a talent I like to think I am quite skilled at). I succeeded almost every time. Well, I succeeded every time if you count having the 60 year old man in the wheelchair inviting me to sit on his lap while riding the elevator. I cheerfully declined at the exact moment his wife smacked him on the shoulder as she pushed his chair out of the elevator doors. That made me smile.
  5. I learned that giving up caffeine and then having a Venti Caramel Macchiato makes me feel CRAZY! Also, I learned that drinking something that has CM written on the side makes me giggle and gag a little at the same time. (For those who don't chart or aren't familiar with the acronym CM, in the trying to conceive world it stands for Cervical Mucous.)

Don't forget to enter to win the pregnancy test giveaway! Entries will be taken until noon (EST) Wednesday.






0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest