Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, June 13, 2011

Could Be Worse

Doug and I went today to get the results from his biopsy. From spending way too much time with Dr. Google we knew that the results could range from him needing a liver transplant due to sever liver damage to needing medical management and monitoring. Thank God that we were on the positive side of the spectrum. Doug will need to continue meds (also the ones responsible for diminishing our likelihood of pregnancy) for at least 6-8 months but then it will just be monitoring and maintenance. His liver is significantly inflamed and has scar tissue as a result. We were told that on the scale of liver health, 4 meaning cirrhosis, Doug is at a 2-3. So, he is doing well and the best news is that he is feeling better and better everyday. The less than fantastic part is that this is a disease that he will have for the rest of his life. He will most likely live a long life but at some point, his liver will eventually lose the fight. We just hope that his liver loses when he is 90+ years old. We appreciate the prayers!

Since pregnancy is probably unlikely until the meds have been discontinued, I have decided that I am going to try something new. So much of the last 5 years of my life have been about fertility, pregnancy, and trying to conceive and I kinda feel like I am on the verge of a breakup with charting. If me and charting were dating, this is the part when I feel like I could go through the motions and we could co-exist but I know that it isn't really a healthy relationship. Nothing is going to come of it so, why not just make a clean break. So I am breaking up with my thermometer for the next 6 months. But, since fertility is really fascinating, herbs are amazing, and I have just found a new love for gardening, I am going to try to grow all of the herbs needed to make a homemade fertility tea! I recognize that I could go to a store, buy all of the herbs in bulk, and make my own tea, but where is the fun in that?

So, I am off to read up on all of the ingredients and order seeds or plants and get this adventure going!

I will hopefully be growing plants for the following ingredients:
  • German Chamomile
  • Nettle Leaf
  • Red Raspberry Leaf
  • Peppermint Leaf
  • Red Clover Leaf (actually already have this growing everywhere!)
  • Green Tea
  • Chaste Berry

I welcome any advice or experience!!





0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest