Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant?! But Wait! There's more!!

Today I had to go see my OB/GYN for a yearly "check-up". Since I really didn't have any interest in sharing a story about having a pap with a very inquisitive 3 year old and a teething 10 month old in the room, I left the boys with my mother. As I drove to my appointment I had an empty car which left me alone with my thoughts. So rare and thoroughly enjoyed, I must say. I spent most of my drive thinking about what I wanted to ask my OB, if I was going to have to pee in a cup (a skill I am most skilled at), and how I needed to remember to share with her the website with my labor a delivery pictures that she has been asking about.

I then started daydreaming about having a surprise pregnancy (despite knowing that it would never happen to me) and came up with this strange observation. If it does happen, and I know it does, that a woman doesn't know she is pregnant and has no visible signs of pregnancy then what about the opposite of that happening? I wonder if a woman has ever known that she was pregnant and waited and waited for a visible baby bump and never gotten one. I can't imagine that this ever happens. If it did then wouldn't we be hearing stories about this happening. I am not talking about little ladies who just never really got huge in the last trimester. I am talking about women who never look pregnant at all.

I would feel totally ripped off. Being pregnant with no baby bump would be like a road trip without a car. It just doesn't make sense to me. So, if this happens one way, not knowing and no bump, then it has to happen the other way, knowing with no bump. Right?

I would love to hear any stories of women (you or someone's old high school friend's dog walker's mom) that had a baby with no bump. I totally think TLC could have a show called "Baby But No Bump". I would totally watch it!


0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest