Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, April 8, 2011

Why Pee in a Potty?

Especially when you can pee on a stick! Or a cup if you are like me and worry about aim. I think it was all of 24 hours ago that I posted about what I wasn't going to do during my two week wait. I lasted less than 8 hours.
Stay away from websites that sell any trying to conceive paraphernalia (even if it is dirt cheap tests).
I promise that my intention was not to purchase tests for myself. My current stash of things to pee on are pictured to the right. I won't even begin to tell you how many are in the big orange envelope. I was looking for a company that might be interested in working with me on an upcoming project. Well, I happened upon a pregnancy test brand that I have never heard of and I have peed on my share of pregnancy tests over the years. So, if I choose to ask them to join me on my project, I have to have experience with their product, right? Is that justification enough to add 11 new tests to my stash? I hope that in a few days I can write a post that hopefully tells of this new test's accuracy. Preferably that it gave me a nice dark line very early. But, should I not get a nice dark line I will hope that it is a clear negative that doesn't make me hopeful for no reason. I promise to let you know how my experiment goes.

In other potty news... I am going to share the highlight of my day. Okay. That intro doesn't sound quite right but stick with me for a minute. We live in an old farm house. When I was pregnant with Gavin, we decided that we needed a first floor bathroom. We had a small room that was at one time used as a bedroom that we converted into a laundry room/pantry/bathroom. I know. Kinda gross to go potty where you keep your food but the food is in a different section of the room. I digress.

For some reason, babies love going in this room. Probably because we usually keep the door locked. Joey is quite skilled in navigating in his walker and should I happen to leave the door open for even a minute he looks over his shoulder and makes a break for it. Sometimes he will park his walker in front of the door and just watch the door. I think he is waiting for his opportunity.
This morning I hear Joey's walker banging into the bathroom door. I continue to hear his walker wheels scooting and more banging follows. After not hearing anything for about 35 seconds I decide I need to make visual contact. I can't find him. I panic for a second as I peek around corners, look in every possible place he could be hiding (which isn't many) and then I look at the bathroom door. It is closed but unlocked. I push on the door and I feel resistence as Joey's walker is directly in front of the door. I push with a little more force and scoot him back enough so that I can open the door. I am greeted with a powerful whiff of dirty diaper. I seriously think he went into the bathroom, closed the door, and then pooped. So all this time I have been thinking that he wants to get into all of the canned goods and the truth is, he just wanted some privacy to poop.

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest