Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, April 29, 2011

A Pet-Peeve and a Promise

I love Facebook. I love that it has allowed me to reconnect with people from high school and college that otherwise would have disappeared into the world. I love that it has enabled me to connect with other moms, and moms-to-be. But, one thing that drives me absolutely insane is the, almost daily, "repost this" post. Sometimes it is the cheesy, "If you love your kids- repost this," "If you have gay friends- repost this," or the really annoying ones are phrased more like, "If you are not ashamed of ... your kids, your parents, your spouse.... repost this." Ugg. Why are the internet people trying to guilt me into publicly announcing that I love someone? Why does it matter to the world if I am "too embarrassed" to admit that I love someone who has irritable bowel syndrome?

So that is the pet peeve. Here is my promise. I promise that despite the fact that I have not reposted all of the "repost this" posts, I do love my children, my husband, and my parents. I do support cancer research. I do hope that they find a cause and a cure for Autism. I do know that God is my creator and that I owe everything I have to Him. So instead of reposting some pre-written proclamation of faith and love, I will voice my thoughts when I have an opportunity and when it is appropriate. Specifically when it comes to God, we often hold back our real feelings out of fear of offending someone, sounding like a religious whack job, or like we are shoving our faith down others' throats. Instead, we talk about Mother Nature when we mean God. We talk about being lucky when we mean we are blessed. We say "if it is in the cards" when we mean "if it is God's will."

I will not ask anyone to re-post anything but I do ask that you share this page with others if you are willing to give up the fear of speaking about God. Although we may feel otherwise, we are the majority. I think if we start speaking up and stop withholding our faith we will not only help make this world a better place, we can help others who are lost, find their way to an eternity with our Lord.

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest