Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, April 23, 2011

I Would Like to Thank the Academy...



Thank you so much to CCC at It was the best of times, and the worst of times... for giving me The Versatile Blogger Award!


The rules of the award are as follows:
1.Link back to the person/s that gave you the award.
2.Award other bloggers the award-- 15 recently discovered bloggers.
3.Contact the bloggers that you have awarded to let them know that they have won.
4.Tell 7 things about yourself ( I suppose they should be lesser known facts to the blogworld!)


In no particular order:

Another Day Stronger - I stumbled upon this blog a few months ago and it has changed my life forever. After losing her precious daughter to SIDS she is climbing up from her darkest days and sharing her honest and heart breaking journey.

Skinny Bean - This is a blog of a friend of mine who is very new but off and running! Her blog is about one mom's journey to slim her waistline while fattening her wallet.

Life Goes On - A blog about her journey of faith, pain, and healing. In progress... I am a new follower but she has a really great writing style and I look forward to following her journey.

Tales of Minor Interest- SchmoopyBaby and More - This is a really cute blog too! I must admit that I am following this blogger for a few reasons. One, she is also a pregnancy loss survivor. Two, Doug has called me Schmoopy for almost as long as we have been married. If he dared call me that in public he would really be in big trouble!!!

The Tater Twins- I have been "internet" friends for a few years now. While our friendship was founded on our appreciation for squinting at pregnancy tests, she has really taught me a lot about blogging. She is a mother of three angels in heaven and several children here on Earth including two adorable twin boys! I always look forward to her posts.

I Thought I Knew Mama - This is another new one for me but I was captured by her post entitled Sound Bites from a Miscarriage Journey.

Chronicles of an Overtired Mommy- This is another cute blog with fun stories and a lot of reviews and giveaways.

Searching For Serenity - I happened upon this blog not long ago and am touched by her strength after delivering her son born still at 16 weeks. I am new to her blog but look forward to following her journey.

My New Heartbeat- A really new find for me. Every post I read leaves me with a smile. Definitely worth checking out!

If I don't have you listed it isn't that I don't love your blog. I just could have been working on this post ALL day!


Seven Things About Me:
  1. I can't seem to get enough of crime shows. Dateline. 48 Hours. Really, anything that lets me pretend I am an investigator or member of a jury. My DVR is full of 'em.
  2. I hate washing silverware. Dishes, glasses, pots, pans, are not an issue. Just silverware. It is such a disliked task that we buy plastic silverware in bulk. I know... not very green of me. I'm ashamed but not enough to like washing silverware.
  3. If there is a spider or any other creepy crawly thing I go totally girly and shiver and cringe. If it happens that I see one of said bugs when my husband is not home, somehow I manage to "take care of business" with minimal issue.
  4. Since potty training my son, he insists on knowing whether I am "making pee or poop" when he sees me sneak into the bathroom. Inquiring minds apparently need to know.
  5. We live on a farm and are in the midst of calving season. Out of the 5 calves that have been born (we have a few left to deliver) ALL have been boys. In past years we have always had about 70% boys. I am starting to think that there is something literally "in the water" around here.
  6. I have an addiction to Coke. The drink of course. I don't keep it in the house because I would drink it all day. I have to buy it in 20 oz. bottles one at a time in order to ration it.
  7. There is a commercial on TV that makes be giggle every time it is on. It is for bread. They pronounce it BEEM-Bo but it is spelled Bimbo. Seriously. Who do they think they are fooling? I will never make my kid a PB&J on Bimbo Bread. And one of the funniest parts of the commercial is that a little boy picks up his Bimbo Bread lunch box to go to school. Something tells me that he would get really tired of saying, "It's BEEM-Bo!" Ha Ha Ha


0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest