Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, February 25, 2011

So much for October

Every month I find myself daydreaming about the potential due date of my not yet conceived child. I was so excited about the possibility of having a baby at the end of October. October is by far my favorite month. I thought about how nice it would be to cuddle a newborn as the weather is getting cold outside. As the snow begins to fall, building a fire and staying in for 3 or 4 months sounds ideal to me. But... then after a number of negative pregnancy tests, my period starts to cement the fact that there will be no October birthday for my next baby. Maybe delivering a butterball turkey for Thanksgiving would be fun!

I have decided that I need to have a different attitude about trying for baby #3. I need to make this less about when I want a baby. I need to focus less on what I want and try to think about what God wants for me and my family. It is so hard to try to relinquish control, but when I realized that I am not really in control here anyway, it is actually kind of liberating.

I am going to do what I can to make sure that if God wants to bless us this cycle with a pregnancy, that I have done my part. But, should this cycle pass without a baby on board too, well, that is how God wants it. It may be hard for me to understand since I think I am ready right now but, He has proven to me over and over again, that His timing is perfect.

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest