Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, January 24, 2011

I Think I'm Losing It

A couple of months after Joey was born I realized exactly how unshapely I had become. I had lost quite a bit of weight from breast feeding around the clock but I was looking more like Jabba the Hut than a proud new mom. Since Doug and I had agreed that we were not going to wait long before trying for baby #3, I wanted... rather... I needed to do something to get into shape. Quick.

I had seen a sign on the side of the freeway that read MMA Fit- Train Like A Fighter. Considering that at one point or another during what I will call my "youth" I had a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and had a job for a couple of years as a bouncer at a night club, I thought that this would be right up my alley. I looked at the website and, while perhaps a bit intimidated by the photos of well built men and skinny ladies, I decided that this was just what I needed to whoop my behind into a shape other than dumpy.

My first week or two I knew instantly how much a 10 pound baby destroys your stomach muscles. I could barely start many of the exercises let alone hold them for the 30 seconds, 60 seconds, or other incredibly impossible amount of time the instructor would call out. I would lay there feeling like a fish on shore. My body would curl up, my eyes wide open, panting, and searching for someone else's gaze to commiserate with my sheer exhaustion.

After a couple of weeks of what many might call masochism, I started to feel stronger. I noticed that the jeans that I had crammed my body into a couple of months postpartum, would actually pull up without me doing that hip shimmy thing. A few weeks after that, I shocked myself by going to the bathroom and when I was getting ready to pull up those same jeans, I realized that I had pulled them down without unbuttoning or unzipping them. I pulled them down like maternity jeans!

I still have a lot of work to do to get to my ideal weight but I feel so much better about the possibility of becoming pregnant now. I will be starting off lighter than I did with either of my children. And, if it should take me a while to have a happy and healthy pregnancy, I will just be that much healthier when it does happen. Thanks so much to MMA Fit!(Facebook)




0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest