Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, July 2, 2013

29 Weeks and As the Kidney Turns

With the news about Doug spinning in my head, life has been a roller coaster of emotions.  It started with climbing in the train and buckling up.  I knew that it was going to be a wild ride, but I was ready.  That is until Dr. Google climbed into the seat right next to us.  You know that rider that kind of hogs the seat and sticks his elbows right where you want to put yours?  Yeah.  That is Dr. Google.  Jerk.

Thankfully, the Nephrologist, a kidney doctor (thanks Dr. Google), was able to see Doug last week and he was a really nice guy.  He spent lots of time with us and answered all of our questions and encouraged us to ask more if we had any.  It also didn't hurt that he looked like an experienced salsa dancer.  As an additional fun fact, my mother was their real estate agent and his wife was on call at the hospital the morning after I had Joey and she checked him.  So, basically, we are best friends. 

He has been diagnosed with Nephrotic syndrome and now we are waiting to know more about how damaged his kidneys are and hopefully to learn what is causing it.  Today he had a biopsy of his kidney and is being monitored overnight due to a risk of bleeding.  He did great and the Radiologist that did the procedure was really wonderful.  Originally we thought that it was going to take 5-7 days for the results of the biopsy but we are excited to hear that his Nephrologist believes we will have results as soon as tomorrow or Friday. 

At this point I am not sure if we were clicking up the steep climb of the first hill for a plunging fall or maybe it is one of those fake out drops that ends up taking a unexpected turn.  I am not sure yet as I think we are just about to the peek.  I am ever so thankful for all of the friends and family that we have praying for us.  It is so appreciated that I get choked up whenever I think about it. 

I am in my 29th week of pregnancy and still, despite the heat and heightened emotions with Doug's health, can't complain.  I love pregnancy and even when I get a painful kick to the cervix or a repeated right hook to my ribcage I take a moment to remember what a blessing this is.  I had a moment last week where I suddenly realized that there is a little human being in my tummy. I know on a very cognitive level that I am going to have a baby in a couple of months, but the fact that there is a person who is going to have likes, dislikes, tantrums, and slobbery kisses suddenly hit me.  My son in inside of me.  No-brainer and mind blowing all at the same time. 

Please continue to pray for us.  I'll try to update again soon. 



0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest