Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, December 3, 2012

More fun with pee sticks!

This cycle I chose to trigger with half of the typical dose.  Instead of 10,000 units of hCG I went with only 5,000. 

I had friends asking me if I would consider trying a cycle without the trigger since I don't have issues with ovulation and they see me go insane every cycle trying to decipher my tests.  While in thoery I loved that idea, I was fearful that using the medications for "super ovulation" (getting 2 or 3 follicles) would be for naught and that I would only ovulate one of them and then I am not increasing my odds.  So I found my happy medium. 

I asked the doctor who did my CD3 baseline ultrasound if the whole 10,000 unit dose is needed to induce ovulation.  Before answering me he asked me why I asked.  I explained how it would linger for the whole 13-14 days and I would go insane every month being unsure if I was pregnant or if it was the trigger.  He said that I could probably trigger with 5,000 units but to bring it up at my mid cycle appointment.  Because I just can't not ask questions, I asked him why then do they use the 10,000 unit dose if less does the same thing.  His response, "Mostly because that is the dosage it comes in, but also hCG helps with progesterone production." 

I decided that even though I would have to throw away half of the dose, my mental health will reimburse me.  Already, I am thankful!  I have been testing every other day and today would be 7 days past trigger.  The test is very close to negative!  It will work out perfectly in that it should be completely gone by the time I would expect a true positive.  Just for fun, here is my three tests from this past week.
To see the photo larger, click on it.
If you want to see how they compare to my 10,000 unit trigger tests that post is here

I am happy to report that Grandma seems to be doing better every day and am thankful for all the prayers!  Hopefully my next post will be able to share wonderful news all around!  Have a great week!

One other thing... the winner of the crappy pee sticks is Hanna who suggested that a coaster be made from the pee sticks!  I haven't heard back from her yet so... Hanna: If you want some super crappy pee sticks email me or message me on facebook!  I will throw in some wondfos if you post a pick of a pee stick coaster on my facebook page!


0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest