Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Halfway

I am halfway through my two week wait and have very little to report.  I am trudging through the awfulness that I call progesterone and all of it's pseudo pregnancy side effects.  I really considered skipping it this month since my lining was so great, but I am willing to endure this short term psychosis if it means I am giving a potential baby a better chance of having a cozy home for 10 months. 
Progesterone makes my mom CRAZY!

To help me pass the time, I have been working really hard on the website, ttccommunity.com. We decided that we are going to try something a little different.  I think that the change will help more of have quicker, more comfortable access to support and friendship throughout our journeys.  If you haven't been to the site in a while, stop by and read Welcome to the NEW ttccommunity!

Now on to the fun obsession stuff.  I wish that I was one of those girls who could just wait until 14 days after the IUI and take a pregnancy test.  I can't.  Granted I haven't really tried to restrain myself either.  For those that have followed my trigger shot progressions in the past know that I have a horrible "gift" of metabolizing hCG very slowly.  I have been known to get squinters for 12 or 13 days after my shot.  Right around the time I triggered I went shopping online for some pregnancy tests because I was seriously out of cheapies!  I honestly went 2 whole weeks without them.  I didn't even hyperventilate once. 

I intentionally bought tests that weren't as sensitive as the wondfo brand since I swear those show a line with the teeniest amount of hCG ever.  I started testing 3 days ago and was really excited to see a very very light line.  I was sure that with these tests I would get a negative much earlier!  But then when I tested the second day, it was the same as the day before.  Then today... you guess it!  Exactly the same!

Am I asking to much to see the line fade and then maybe go away for a day or two only to return nice and strong at 9 or 10 days past ovulation? 

Oh!  I may have forgotten to mention on here that according to some research study done about 15 years ago that examined 4 different variables and the outcomes of IUIs I have a 61% chance of this cycle working.  That is a pretty nice number.  Just really hoping and praying that I don't fall in the 39% chance that it won't work.  Hopefully in a few days I'll be able to post a calculator so that you can figure out your chances of success with IUI.  Goal for that calculator to be ready to go is this weekend.  Oh, the fun obsessing that can be done with that bad boy! 

Well, have a great weekend and I'll be sure to post again when we know if I am in the 61% or the 39%. 

1 comments:

Maria said...

61%!!! I'm going with the 61%!!! :) I'm sorry those test are still being a pain in the butt...I hope tomorrow's is a squinter and Friday's is either nice and dark or nada! That photo of Joey and Gavin is too cute!
Thinking of you and sending prayers!
Xoxox
Maria

Search

Loading...

Are You Following Yet?

Follow by Email