Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, June 4, 2012

Internet Cheapies Are MORE Sensitive!

Back in my early years of trying to conceive, one phrase that you would see time and time again in message board communities was, "Ooooh!  I think I see it!  Use a FRER (First Response Early Result) or Answer Early!"  That was because most people would use the IC (internet cheapies) to test early so that they weren't wasting money by using very costly name brand home pregnancy tests.  Then if they saw a hint of something they could verify the results with the real deal.  

Guess what folks?  Times they are a changin'! 

I had a hcg trigger shot 10 days ago.  I have been using cheap test strips to watch the trigger leave my system so that when I test for pregnancy, I will know that it is from an implanted embryo and not for that big ol' needle that was in my butt 10 days ago.

Yesterday, about 15 seconds after I dipped my Wondfo, I couldn't hold off any longer and decided to dip an Answer Early test.  I saw the line on my Wondfo slowly appear.  It was light but clear.  Still had hcg in my system.  When I looked to see the results of the Answer I thought for sure the line would be just as clear if not more so.  Well take a look at this! 
So... there you have it.  A nice clear line on a internet cheapie and an almost invisible maybe there maybe not line on a test that retails for 400% or more of the cost.

Today, I did the same experiment and this is the result:
I can still see a very light line on the Wondfo IC but there is nothing at all on the expensive Answer test.

I just had to share!  What have your experiences been with internet cheapies

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest